A4 save all. Mangle. Undo ? Help

Love the gear, but this is confusing.
On the digitone I can simply save everything, start messing with parameters and then simply go back to the save.
I can’t figure out how to do this on the a4
I just want to mangle my saved work and then go right back
I’ve read back on the forum but can’t seem to find exactly what I’m trying to do.
Any help would greatly be appreciated

Save kit, reload kit might be what you’re looking for. There’s also reload track, reload sound, etc

2 Likes

I’m curious if there is some kind of save all
Seems like no matter what I save not everything is saved for a recall.
I really just want to change parameters on various things and then go directly back.
Maybe it’s the song, kit, pattern terms messing me up…
Thanks
I just find the recall on the digitone to be perfect.
There must be a way
Noob powers u unite!

So basically I would have to save pattern and save kit and reload both
That’s my issue

Patterns save with a kit. You can save a pattern separately too but not necessary.
Also performance macros save with kit.
You can also set the sequencer to revert to saved kit/ pattern when changing patterns.

Just save the kit and treat like you would a pattern with Digitone/Digitakt

Patterns save with a reference to a kit ID number. The kit could be used on any number of patterns and the last tweaked one will be the active/scratch one (if not reloaded). It needn’t be the last saved version which is called with the reload pattern on change toggle.

If the kit is changed it’ll have implications or if moved it would need to be re-associated with the pattern, this happens when the pattern is non-zero and a kit ID is loaded/linked.

The +drive holds working versions of only a couple iirc of the last temp tweaked/unsaved kits and all the last saved kits

This stuff takes a bit of managing, especially the common confusion of saving a project which will drop the temp versions - possibly not what you were hearing when you saved. Some folk opt for a linear mapping of one kit for one pattern. But then you lose the ability to flow across chained patterns if the common kit is tweaked

1 Like

ThNks man, I think I’m figuring it out now and more so with the help, so thank you guys very much.
I seem to find the simple things harder than the harder things simple.

Should be lyrics

Special thanks to avantronica!
::high five::

1 Like