A4 + Rytm update prospects?

Do you still believe in it!?

1 Like

I have pretty much lost hope that it will ever materialize now.

Since the holidays are over, I’ve lost hope in this regard. i think that was it.

You got me there bro, I’ve never clicked so fast on a topic.

8 Likes

Hehe, yeah!

Personally I think the Rytm would benefit so much from a second lfo and since Elektron brought a second lfo already to the DT, I haven’t lost hope.
Base-width filter (even without resonance) for the sample would take the Rytm really another step further.

Can’t really think about anything, that the A4 would need, but Rytm Mk2 and A4 Mk2 are still part of their lineup, so improving them probably is somewhere on their to do list.

1 Like

yeah syntakt and digitakt been getting alot of love. I am hopeful but maybe a mk3 of A R and A4 is getting more likely? I kinda want a totally new OS tbh but that would mean no backward compatibility of course.

If they don’t update the AR for its 10th anniversary, I’ll give up.

2 Likes

A4’s 10th anniversary came and went without a single mention at end of last year.

6 Likes

I dont know the A4 well or what it would get new, but the AR deserves a number of things.

4 Likes

I can’t find it anymore, but someone recently posted in another thread that he/she contacted elektron about adding more resolution to the sample startpoint parameter on the AR, and in the response elektron was fairly positive that this was possible and would/could still be added in a future firmware update.

Not sure if I recall this correctly, and if the person from elektron responding actually knew something but it does give me some hope for the future! It’s also very possible that we’ve seen the last update, but I really hope at least one more is coming because this machine is inches away from being perfect.

10 Likes

I recently was thinking about starting a thread to ask the same haha.

Not a week goes by that I don’t think about a Rytm update.

4 Likes

I’m still a believer. We gotta get at least one more update, if only for some basic housekeeping stuff like LED brightness.

(Please, please let us adjust LED brightness on the Analogs.)

7 Likes

Man…this would be really nice to see soon.
I’ve always felt it was a bit surprising that the Digi’s seem to be much more on Elektron’s radar. I’m sure they sold (and plan on selling more units) but the Flagships definitely seem to have gotten the short end of the stick these last few years…
Not saying there hasn’t been some great updates for AR and A4 though. Just want to see some similar stuff that is on the the Digi’s. Two LFOs for RYTM would be much appreciated.

3 Likes

I think the a4 is near “key” feature complete, my main hope is some improvements and fixes to quirks i.e. stuff like plock arp and other “simple”/reasonable requests in the feature request threads, not keen on its future prospects :frowning:

Yeah, there are a few minor things that need to be fixed (pitch bend macro does not show incoming pitch bend messages like it works with velocity, mod wheel, AT) springs to mind, there’s also something with the lfos on both Rytm and A4/AK (sometimes they have to be “revived” by opening the lfo target list and choosing the target again) and I don’t think they’ll leave us hanging.

If they can do it, I’m also pretty sure we’ll see at least one more update with improved or added features. It’s kinda like a low hanging fruit, you know?

I know, everyone has different wishes for their machines, personally I think if the Rytm had quantized manual retriggers, a second lfo and a base-with filter+ its own AHD amp envelope for the sample layer, the Rytm would be on another level.
It’s not that the Rytm needs those features, especially if you have an Octatrack next to it, you can always let the OT do the sample manipulation stuff, but there’s something magic about how the Rytm can layer synthesis with samples and those features would make it basically complete for me and I guess it would also mean more happy customers. Especially if the Rytm is their first Elektron.

4 Likes

I feel like it would be a nice move to bring over some quality of life stuff to the flagships that the Digis recently got: song mode is now far better on the Digis and I assume it should be possible to port it. Maybe also some form of keyboard fold, although that might be a bit confusing especially on A4 key layout.

1 Like

I have no expectation. They clearly don’t see the sales potential. That’s fine.

Def have a feeling we’ll see an update to Rytm. Will it be the much requested second LFO? Who knows, but there will be improvements.

Personal wishlist:
Higher resolution on start/end points in sample window
Second LFO
Base width filter (digital is fine, just give us)
Better sounds manager that, for example, indicates if a sound uses a sample or not.
“Last” trig conditions that will only play a trig once a transition to another pattern has started
Another second LFO
External input mixer with delay and reverb sends

4 Likes

Don’t forget how an Octatrack update was basically not on the menu anymore and then along came the big bun.

During those years, I replied to several posts that an OT update is very, very unlikely to ever happen, because, I forgot who it was, someone from Elektron mentioned that there were basically no cpu cycles left and for an OT update, they’d have to do some really serious optimization of the code. But as we know, they did it.

The company has changed so much in the recent years, hard to judge how they feel about certain things and what their goals are nowadays. Nevertheless, those are still their flagships.

1 Like

I’m hoping for sy raw on the rytm

4 Likes