A4: repeats / retrig / ratcheting

Also interested in this IDM topic, using RYTM 2, which seems to be quite suited to it

Hi,

is it somehow possible to engage „retrigs“ and/or similar results with the help of a looping envelope?

I’ve tried with different track speeds and lengths but that’s not a per step solution I guess. :nerd_face:

it would be so nice if they’d add the retrig functions of the Rytm, even if it’s per step but would be awesome to play it in.

for ratcheting, asking myself as long as I’ve to wait for my OpZ to arrive.

1 Like

You can find similar threads here somewhere.

I had good results with an lfo, saw wave I think, don‘t remember exactly what I did, though.

You can also use a fast arp with oct=0 (so the arp effectively just triggers a series of notes). Set it up so that short notes are not affected then p-lock note length on the notes you want retrigs.

I usually sequence from OT when I need retrigs…

3 Likes

i guess it’s time for Elektron to make the retrigs and looping envelopes a feature on the next OS update!!

and last but not least…Analog Sine Wave output or Digital Oscillator models. :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Should’ve happened a long time ago, and why not? Too competitive with the AR?

1 Like

i don‘t think so…as I can tell I’ve owned both the retrig feature and looping envelopes would just complete a modern sequencer approach, and sine waves to cover that buchla department, retrigs with velocity envelopes for buchlabongos, looping envelopes modulating the panning.

imagine

4 Likes

Can’t you already do this with the LFOs to Vol and a fully open amp env?

This topic is juicy!!

Thanks sezare, unifono!

2 Likes

That worked! But then I wanted different speeds of arps :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s kinda weird to press a trig and parameters don’t change.
So unknown from the Digis!

… or i go the route of using LFOs, since there are so rich possibilities …

2 Likes

This is incredibly good.

Is there anyway you could upload/share the sysex or the methodology about how you accomplished this? I absolutely adore it!

1 Like

Thanks !

I sold my A4 recently (Hydrasynth Explorer), so I’ve nothing better than what I posted here or on linked thread.

Experiment lfo, Exp envelope on pitch, vol, filter…

Oh that’s a shame! But thanks for the pointers!

1 Like

Looking like there isn’t a way of doing re-trigs for notes in a synth then?

I even tried inputting notes at 32 from external midi, and if it is on 1x scale then it just doesn’t register them.

Damn I really want p-lock-able arp or the ability to re-trig notes! ha

2 Likes

You can plock a longer Note Length for arp retrig, shorter for one shot notes (continuous). This should work as workaround (with longer release for one shot notes).

1 Like

Yeah, but can’t vary the speed/rate of the notes being played

2 Likes

You can if you change different patterns with Jump, each pattern having a different speed…

Yeah, even more complicated !

2 Likes

Oof! That’s quite an ingenious work around, but yeah, not the greatest for adding trills or small variations that the sequencer is so strong at generally

2 Likes

Are the arp settings saved with the pattern on the A4?
Easy workaround on DN is to save a sound multiple times with different arp settings, then p-lock that.

Hmmm I’m not sure how to do this, or if this function is possible on the A4

Nope. DN yes, but not on A4. Hence the problem using it for ratchets. @Eaves did a side by side comparison and mentioned this.

1 Like