A4 OS Upgrade

Is it possible to download and install the
OS Upgrade [ 1.50 ] with an iPhone since I don’t have computer access?

It should be possible using the Sysex Base app and a USB Midi Interface [Edit: Nope] connected via Apple Camera Adapter Kit.

1 Like

By USB interface do you mean the cable that goes from USB on one side to MIDI on the other side?

Actually, I wrote that while my first coffee was still brewing… that app + the Apple Camera Connection Kit should be all you need. Simply enable USB Midi in the A4 system settings - this turns the A4 into a USB Midi Class compliant device.

2 Likes

Kinda Behringer neutron to be used to upgrade or install an OS into an alert for since I don’t have much to work with I don’t have what it takes to install it and I’m wondering if that can be used

You want to use your Behringer Neutron to send Sysex to your A4?
Why not over usb from your computer?

And no, you can’t use the Behringer Neutron for Sysex transfer to your A4…

1 Like

This makes my brain pulse and quiver… sorry, but it does. More specifically; the right side.

I was just noticing it has a midi. Jack on top as well as the patchbay with a little mini thing and since I don’t have that little merry cable that connects to the headphone male piece
And I also don’t have a printer cable so I was just kind of wondering if there’s a workaround but thank you

Do you have any usb midi interface? Then you could plug that into your A4.
Not all midi interfaces can handle sysex, though.

If the Neutron could be used to send sysex, you would need an usb cable anyway (only 5 pin midi in and thru on the Neutron + midi over usb) and then you could just simply plug that usb cable into your A4.

You’re awesome bro
I do have Octatrack mk1 that’s pretty much it hey do you have even tired time factor which has crazy amounts of midi functionality butI don’t know if it has that

Oops Previous message had a bunch of voice to text issues because I mumble

so you cannot connect your computer via USB to the A4? Why not?

2 Likes

I don’t have a printer type cable
Also I do have an adapter that goes from lightning/iPhone to the small male headphone plug.
So kind of what I was thinking is I would maybe download the operating system on my phone and try to upload it onto A4 somehow

Normally an A4 should come with a “printer cable” . You can buy one for 6,99€ and then very easily transfer updates and sounds to and from you A4.
Also you could tryout Overbridge. Maybe it’s interesting for your workflow :wink:

1 Like