A4 not detected by OB on multiple devices

Hi there!

I got my first hardware synth and Elektron product today… The A4

So far I’ve managed to get it connected to my PC read by C6 and updated to the latest firmware (1.24C). I’ve also installed Overbridge and restarted, making sure my device’s USB config was set to Overbridge mode. However, I can’t get it to be read by my computer.

I thought it might be my device so I tried it on all the laptops in the house and I still get the same issue. Overbridge can’t detect my A4 and just tells me to restart or reinstall (tried both to no avail).

Please help guys! The main reason I got the A4 was to have connectivity to Ableton and be able to actually finish some of my tracks.

Thanks a bunch

Open a support ticket at Elektron. If everything you tried failed.

Welcome. Does device appear in control panel ? Connect device before launching … be sure to use a simple USB config initially to avoid bandwidth conflicts, possibly try a hub with nothing else attached (if usb2 it will have STT - a single transaction version of multi transaction hub)

Uninstall OB and reinstall that

Best say which OS you are using so others can help with nuances

1 Like

Hi. I’m using windows 10 on all my laptops. I will try and connect with nothing else plugged in and see, will also try multiple USB ports and update. Also, the device is read by the control panel and I hear a windows sound when I plug it in so I’m thinking its more of an overbridge issue

EDIT: Just tried all my ports with a direct connection and nothing else connected. Thanks everyone, I’m going to open a support ticket and see if Elektron can help me out

Could be bandwidth issue. Do you have many USB devices connected to your PC? Try unplugging everything else but the A4. Does it work then?

FWIW, Windows Anniversary Update messed up Overbridge pretty badly on my Windows 10 PC a while ago. Apparently it does not do that to everyone but I believe something about Overbridge can conflict with USB or other audio interface drivers especially when updating. If you have recently received anniversary update (if you have deferred updates) or the newer creators update for Windows 10, you could try uninstalling that update from Windows update and see if it works better (it did for me).

I’d also recommend to check that you have latest BIOS and chipset drivers in your PC.

I’m gonna follow up on the windows anniversary update. Any idea where I can check if I’ve got the latest BIOS and chipset drivers or not?

To clarify on my post above, my device isn’t actually being detected in the Overbridge Control Panel just my regular windows control panel.

I’d suggest going to your laptop manufacturer website, look up your model and download latest set of drivers there and install them.

I am using Analog Four as my only audio interface at the moment and I know how annoying it is when it’s not working. Luckily it is now mostly working for me even though I still have issues sometimes.

You should probably also create a support ticket to Elektron, they are helpful and can assist you further, though there are issues even they are not able to solve. Good luck!

1 Like

Ah if I can get it working as an audio interface then I’m planning on getting a mother 32 or a microbrute or maybe both ha

EDIT: I’ve got it working now. What I did was open overbridge while the A4 was connected then switch from overbridge mode to usb+midi then back to overbridge mode on the USB system settings and it showed up on the control panel. Took me a while to figure out that VSTs were installed in the steinberg folder as well but I’ve finally got my A4’s audio coming out of Ableton

1 Like