A4 MKII View Note Values

I just got this, my first Elektron kit. Gross newbie question, but I can’t find the answer in the manual or by experimenting … once I set a note value to a note trig in a pattern how can I see what the set value is?

I don’t see anything in the UI that changes. Holding the set trig key lights up one of the keyboard keys, but the lit key seems to be the default note value for the pattern because it doesn’t match the actual pitch of the assigned trig note.

Feel free to call me dumb but I did try first before asking :wink:

Good morning.
I think it’s s known bug MK2.
Mine does the same.
I’m confident it’ll be sorted soon.
:wink:

Thanks! Sanity temporally restored!

1 Like

known bug. support confirmed it’ll be sorted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does it not work even when you’re on the trig screen?

It works - it records the proper note. The issue is that when you hold the trig down after you’ve put in the note it shows you the wrong note (not the note that’s input).

1 Like

Ouch! That sucks!

I’ve just updated to OS1.30B. This problem was mentioned in the release notes as being fixed. But for me it seems only half fixed. Now the correct note is illuminated, but the octave light is always showing -3 when I do this. So I still have to use my ears and guess a bit. But its better than me trying to guess the note I suppose.

1 Like

Same here.
Have you reported this to Elektron?

in case they miss it, even if that seems impossible

1 Like

I had a feeling I would not be alone. Yes, I created a ticket as soon as I noticed it. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next update.

1 Like

One thing I’ve found, if you activate the note key and then press a trig key the UI will accurately display the note value. Not as easy as the way it should work but it gets you there :wink:

The note is displaying correctly since the os update, but the octave indicator light is not. As far as I can tell your suggested workaround does not fix that (unless I’m missing something).

1 Like

Yeah, the note value is correct, but octave isn’t. I can live with that until they fix it :slight_smile: As long as I can tell what note it is!