A4(MKII) constant freeze OS1.50 Bitwig/Ableton11 [OB]

Hi guys,

Recently I´ve been experiencing constant freeze in the DAW with Ableton11 and Bitwig 3.3.
It already starts to become annoying.
I have to make 2 or 3 reboots within 1 hour. This problem is already starting to seem more serious than it did the first time it happened.
The point is that I don’t quite understand what triggers the freeze.
Today, it happened 2 times in the space of 1 hour and when it happened the A4 was rotating without changing the parameters.
Yesterday didn’t happened. 2 days before yesterday it happened 2 times within 2 hours. WTF
I’ve seen complaints about this problem in A4 since 2016. It doesn’t seem decent that this crash still has no solution.
I’m using Windows 10.
Damn, I’m screwed with this.
Can any of you help me in this matter please.
This has also happened to me in AR

I’m sure someone will be able to help you, but more details would be helpful:

1. What is “freezing?” The DAW? A4? The OB plugin?
  2. What version is OB?
  3. The latest OB requires the latest Elektron firmware. Have you updated to the latest A4 firmware (1.51?)
  4. Is the Elektron device plugged directly into the computer, not via an USB hub?
  5. Does this only happen when Elektron devices are plugged in? Does it happen only when using OB?
2 Likes

Hi Glitched,

Thx 4 the reply.
The A4 is plugged via usb. The sequencer freezes of the A4 only, the daw and OB still running. The parameters still works, still saves and so on. Its only the sequencer that stops.
The current firmware on my machine is 1.50. The my current OB version 2.0.47.1
Only when is plugged via USB this freeze happens.
Only happens to A4 and AR [1.60]. Its annoying and cuts the flow completely.
Im gone update the firmware to 1.51[A4] and 1.61[AR] and then i will update the info in that regard.

Finally, stop happening in Ableton 11 after the firmware update. Thx u for the reminder! :wink:

2 Likes