A4 MKII / AR MKII Combo vs Modular Eurorack System

Thanks alot! I briefly reviewed the thread earlier today, but will take a look at the specific ones with euroracks.

Thank you to everyone that replied!

The final verdict is that I purchased the Analog Four Black MKII and Analog Rytm Black MKII combo. It was the more practical choice, and will help minimize the space consumed on a new 4-tiered A-frame stand dedicated to the equipment used for Techno music.

However, I also purchased a Pittsburgh Modular EP-420 eurorack case, and will commence adding new modules later this year. In the meantime, I will continue to play with virtual modular setups (i.e., Softube Modular, VCV, Reaktor Blocks, etc.) to better understand the needs the modular system will fulfill.

5 Likes

:+1: This is basically the direction I decided to pursue!

2 Likes

very cool! glad to hear it :slight_smile: Iā€™m sure a super productive time ahead !

1 Like

Reaktor is infinite. Started a side project a few years ago where I use Reaktor for everything (standalone, no other daws). Thatā€™s been a far more satisfying journey than my heavy modular period was. I think you made the right call.

1 Like

I am rediscovering Reaktor, since I bought it over the most recent holiday sale. I used Reaktor Sessions years ago, which was basically the free player version of today with a price tag, but did not use it much. I mainly purchased it due to the possibility of additional Reaktor ensembles being revised for Maschine+ compatibility, but its been fun to mess around with on the PC.

Lots of power, and fun. Integrating Reaktor with the Elektron devices via Overbridge will be awesome.