A4 mk2/MKII OS 1.30B : Bug reports

I have the same issue…

1.30B…does anyone miss the letf and right brackets? ="(0)" it works on the rytm mk2 but my analog four mk2 doesn’t show me that.

I have that feeling that the controllers are reacting too quickly with some delay. Furthermore, i have real problems to center. For example, if i press function + knob “J” and try to center on the LFO page, real sensitivity is needed so it does not jump back to minus or plus 128! And no left and right brackets…

Hey guys, similar to other forum members, my A4 MK2 has a faulty LED too. The first page of the ENV button does not light up. It works when I enter the second page (GREEN LED) but not for the first one. I did a test run and this is what it is showing. The thing is now I am little confused whether the error shown here is actually related to the LED or it has something to do with the 2nd track (AUDIO section). I’ve seen that for other members it shows 1234 but mine shows only 2. Anyone has any idea what is happening?

Thank you

I’m sure I read that those audio errors are to be ignored
The LED issue is clearly one for support or your retailer - odd that the UIis error free - but the test mode can perform a visual check of LEDs iirc (surely the same or more thorough on MKii)

1 Like

Does anyone else have the problem loading a project, where (typically) the sound associated with track one gets corrupted?

Sometimes when I load a project track one’s sound will have weird values for a number of settings. For instance, oscillator tuning won’t have a value at all or the waveform will be set to something random. I think it may be a corruption that takes place when I save, as once it is duff there’s no getting it back. Fortunately I save my sounds to the +Drive so I can retrieve it, but it’s a pain.

Is this problem reproducible? Are there specific steps that you can do to make this happen to a new project?

Yeah, I’ve had similar experiences when changing patterns on the Octatrack which controls my A4 MK2.

If I’ve mapped controls of the A4 to the Octatrack and create a new pattern that has a new part on the Octatrack, sometimes the A4 osc pages are missing values. If I’m using the same kit I reload, otherwise I clear the track and go from there.

Adam

Just had my first system crash. I rebooted the device and it hung at the boot screen where it displays the version number.

Missing values

Did Elektron support acknowledge this “missing value” bug, i.e. were they able to reproduce it?

1 Like

I haven’t raised a ticket. I just reset the track.

Please raise a ticket. Increases the chances of getting it fixed.

3 Likes

Thanks guys. I have raised a ticket…

2 Likes

Yep, also have the missing values bug on mine.

Lots of bugs since release, only few of them fixed. I hope they won’t abandon us :roll_eyes:

I certainly feel like they have. Regression issues on a premium MK2 machine are an absolute no go and yet Elektron doesn’t seem to give a sh#t (well, official word is they’re busy working on Overbridge and fixing stuff that used to work on MK1 is lower in priority).

2 Likes

One year ago I was in love with Elektron. However, these past months various signs made me realise that they are probably worse than the average tech company out there.

Very poor customer service (in my experience), missing promised features, false advertising, lack of communication, no product support after months of waiting, and the worst of all, greed, which is probably the source of the evil.

It’s very disappointing tbh.

I don’t know if this is a bug, maybe I am doing something wrong.

Sometimes (circumstances vary) I press FUNC+WHEEL and I don’t get the save menu, but the load menu. I lost work this way already.

Looks like this happens more often when I have the A4 is slaving to the Digitakt clock (and I use program changes)

About the love for Elektron: I really really fell in love with these machines, but I am amazed about the amount of bugs I encounter while I am getting a deeper understanding of the Digitakt an the A4MKII. But I also read that some people still waiting for features years after they were promised. So, has Elektron really changed or has it always been their corporate culture/modus operandi?

Cheers,
John

Since I’ve been using their machines, updates have always been rather slow, but then I got OT and A4 quite late in their lifecycle. Updates for AR took a long time, too. However with the MK2s I feel it’s a different situation, every issue the MK2s have translates to a loss of functionality that used to work on the previous generation. I think Elektron are in deep sh#t, otherwise they wouldn’t tolerate such things. I don’t think it’s a shift in corporate culture. It just feels like they’ve bitten off a lot more than they can chew.

1 Like