A4 Mk2 1.30B update is up

I haven’t updated yet, but it seems the issue with the sound locks is not in this update. When holding down a sound lock, the Sounds list covers up close to half the parameters, and none of the parameters are highlighted. They all seem to be set to 0 or their default state.

List of changes from OS 1.30 to 1.30B

Changes
[MKII] Key repeat rate has been increased.
[MKII] Menu keys are now lit when the menus are open.
[MKII] Filter 1 resonance slightly adjusted.

Bug fixes
[MKII] The mini keyboard LEDs would not show the correct note value.
[MKII] Control input port B would only be calibrated if set to the same mode as port A.
[MKII] Accent level could not be set.
[MKII] Pressing the active parameter page key would immediately toggle to the secondary page,
instead of showing parameter values.
[MKII] Graphics was missing from the settings menu.

Sound lock bug is indeed still present. Unreal. I can’t believe they didn’t address the sound lock bug!!! infuriating! it’s a crippling issue.

4 Likes

Agreed. Super lame. The work around, I guess, is to just go by what you hear…

2 Likes

I would like to ask if I have a bug regarding my machine or if you all affected by this. So I can open a support ticket January 2018, Monday the 4th :slight_smile:

When creating a New Project, TUN and FIN missing, appears when I turn the knob but somehow acting weird so it’s best to recover the GUI to click T1 + CLEAR so all come back to normal behavior then …

1 Like

I’m getting this as well

2 Likes

OK I guess all people who have that let the New Year Eve passed and open a support ticket for the next firmware upgrade.

1 Like

Yeah it was on my mind but as you say a new year job.

1 Like

All problems were fixed for me… ! Great.

Download at… https://www.elektron.se/support/?connection=analog-four-mkii#resources

posted this already here but it was a 1.30a bug report and maybe it’s better to post the issue here.

1.30B

1. does anyone miss the letf and right brackets? ="(0)" it works on the rytm mk2 but my analog four mk2 doesn’t show me that.

2. I have that feeling that the controllers are reacting too quickly with some delay. Furthermore, i have real problems to center. For example, if i press function + knob “J” and try to center on the LFO or any other page, real sensitivity is needed so it does not jump back to minus or plus 128! And no left and right brackets…

1 Like

Something that I haven’t seen anyone touch on:

I believe all videos I’ve seen of both the A41/ AK show keyboard LED’s that light up in tandem as trigs on the selected track are engaged.

Is there any reason that this sort of visual feedback wouldn’t be supported on the MKII, or am I mistaken?

This regression was fixed in 1.30B. The octave indicator still doesnt light up correctly though.

Sorry for the confusion; I’m on 1.30B. What I meant by ‘engaged’ was ‘engaged, upon pressing play’, etc

Ah right. I see what you mean. I’ve seen the key leds lightiong up on the AK in vids but never noticed it on the A4-1 vids - probably because I was not paying enough attention. This sounds like a useful feature.

It seems that I was the one not paying attention; I just skimmed through the 17 minute product presentation vid for the original four, and I’m not seeing lights pop up.

hmm.

1 Like