A4 Mk1 - Should the screen turn off?

Just purchased an A4 Mk1, and I am loving it, but I’m a little concerned about the life span of the screen, since a) obviously I purchased it used, and b) I’m the type of person who likes to leave my gear turned on for a long periods of time.

I searched around a little bit here, plus looked through the (1.50) manual, but couldn’t find a real answer. Is the screen supposed to turn off after a period of idle time?

I saw a post confirming that the Mk2 turns off after an hour of idle time, however I left my Mk1 idle for at least 2 hours yesterday and it did not turn off. Is there a setting I can’t find?

AFAIK there is no screen saver on the mk1 versions… I have my a4 and ar since 2014/2015 and no problems with the screens. I turn them off when not in use…

It’s a Mk2 thing only because afaik the newer panels are more prone to screen burn. It was never added to the Mk1s.

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like I shouldn’t worry too much about it.
But just to be safe, I will be worrying about it a lot :wink:

1 Like

Screens of my AnalogKeys and AnalogRytm mkI are diying, it takes times but it is on a pretty good way…so i would say that turned on or off, it is like those mkI screens were made to slowly but surely die.

The mk1s, silver boxes and the Models have backlit LCD screens that don’t suffer from burn-in. It’s an OLED problem (the Digis and mk2s have OLED screens).

LCDs on the other hand can fade over time. I think there’s probably a pot on the board (you’d have to open it up to get to it) which you can adjust to increase the contrast on them.

1 Like