A4 gives me electrical shock

Well all my Apple products do this, zapping me that is. Not dead yet! :wink:

Do all the elektron boxes get this same issue? Was thinking of getting an analog rytm but think Iā€™ll pass if they do as well.

its shocking!

I donā€™t have it here with any of the black boxes or the MM

Yep they fixed death by electrical shock in the Mk II
Was listed as one of the improvements.
A great reason to upgrade imo

3 Likes

:joy: yeah hasnā€™t killed me yet either just keep spending hours on it every day and thinking this may not be that great for health.
Never had it from apple products before other than a MacBook, but that was due to an earthing issue in the laptop that was fixed after replacing the motherboard

same here - cannot remember which of the devices (AR/A4) I got these funky, revitalising and inspiring shock :slight_smile:
I started using some tape around the edges - best way to deal with it

None of my Elektrons give a shock, I checked after reading this awhile back, its not normalā€¦

Never got that problem with MM. My rule is all sound and computer equipment should be powered by a good quality UPS device. In contrast, during one severe thunderstorm in 2014 this UPS popped and saved all my equipment (some more volts came through the phone line :cloud_lightning:)

So Iā€™ve done some more testing with a multimeter and socket and see. The house hold electrics were completely tested and so were all the sockets being used, all were working perfectly. Also tested both with and without any gear connected to mains and again all other equipment tested absolutely fine. Iā€™ve attached pictures of the multimeter reading on the analog four and get 0.65amps / 9.7 volts running through the screws on the box. Numbers reduce on the case but still amps and bolts are running through and are worse at the top left corner of the box. Iā€™m not getting any reply from elektron since my last email but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s not ok to say this is how the gear is and just get an earthed mixer to connect to. Love elektron gear but Iā€™m not loving this aftersales service much

2 Likes

Hm, i got a new couch and found out that it powers me up when sitting a bit on it. I was shocking my playstation a lot, so i got into the behavior of touching the metal on the lamp to discharge myself before touching anything electrical first. Its funny t i got used to it in like 2-3 days.

1 Like

I guess it doesnā€™t really bother the others posting in this thread with the same issue with the replies Iā€™m getting. Perhaps Iā€™m being strange not wanting to have a live case on a synth :joy:
Still no response from Elektron to discuss since the first reply either.
Time to sell the A4 make a loss and give up

Hi,

If you own an A4 please try something for me and let me know whether you experience it too.

I have noticed that if my arm rests on the top left hand corner of the A4 i get an electric shock/burnā€¦ Happens every time my arm rests there. There is a visible mark left from this.

I believe the charge is coming directly from the top corner pictured below.

no shock here with my unit, although I think can feel a slight tingling sensationā€¦

1 Like

You should definately get in touch with Elektron Support. Not normal!

2 Likes

Thanksā€¦ I had assumed a number of people would have likely experienced it.

1 Like

Will do! Iā€™d be interested to hear their response.

there already is one listed above :thup:

1 Like

no worries. I sometimes get shocked by my A4 as well - at the moment I have dealt with it by all my Elektron boxes on an angled stand so that I canā€™t touch those corners anymore. Not a very sophisticated solution, but the cheapest for now.