A4 FM Drum Patch Pack

If you’re not impressed with the A4 yet, just check all the soundpack demos from elektron.se

1 Like

Codex and Biopads are my favorite ones on there

Walker / Next Level also great.

But yea, my AK loves these FM drums, especially the METAL ones.
P-locked with pans and AK’s stereo voice outputs, it makes it one hell of a drum machine with 8 outputs + stereo FX outs.

2 Likes

Thank you. @EasternNoise

2 Likes

Such a useful pack, 100% satisfied and inspired customer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you. @quartzwatch

@taro I am using the soundpack on my a4 mk2. I wonder if you already checked it on the mk2. is there a big difference to the sound of the pack on mk1?
If so, is there anything i could do to bring it close to the mk1 sound?

@johannes I don’t own a4 mk2, so I don’t know the difference. I will check it at the musical instrument shop this week.

If there is a difference between the filters of A4mk1 and A4mk2, there may be a difference in most of the sounds.

3 Likes

I think that overdrive is more different than the filter it self. But iam not sure about it.
Anyone who made a comparison of the filters of mk1 and mk2?

With this patch, I don’t use overdrive much for making sounds.

This sound may change in mk2.

1 Like

I think negative values on the mk2 should be comparable to positive values on the mk1 regarding the OD

3 Likes
2 Likes

Clockwise turning on the Mk1 = counter clockwise on Mk2?

Nope i think you right
( negative values on the mk2 should be comparable to positive values on the mk1 regarding the OD )

Negative values MK1 stay the character of the MK1
Positive value on the MK2 stay the character of the mK2

Therefore Negative value on the MK2 are matching Positive values from the MK1

4 Likes

@johannes
I checked A4mk2. There was also mk1 in the store, so I compared them.

Certainly, overdrive is different.

I felt that mk 2 is better for patches using oscillator and overdrive.
Patches using self-oscillation of filter without using overdrive is not much different.

5 Likes

thanks for your feedback @taro.

yes, some slight difference is no problem for me. since i dont have the mk1 to compare i just wanted to be sure that the patches sound at last similar on mk2.

btw. you really did a great job building these patches. since iam really into physmod related stuff i was surprised about the metal sounds and how you did them.
and without touching most of the env/ lfo possibilities. there is a lot to learn.

thanks, johannes

2 Likes

It’s my pleasure. @johannes

Overdrive of MK2 is wonderful, so I strongly recommend using overdrive even in this patch pack.

1 Like

thanks again @taro for the soundpack… its unbelievable how natural these sounds feel. Hope you get a digitone :smiley: They should ship you one for free and sell the result on the elektron website :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you! @funkymogli

I think that it will be a while later because I have to newly pc, but I will buy digitone.

2 Likes

I look forward to you DN patches- everything I’ve heard from you has been brilliant

4 Likes