A4 Feature Requests

Seems like this could be possible, in theory anyway. There are 128 patterns and 128 kits per project. If there was an ‘Autosave kit with pattern’ mode that silently saved KIT2 when PATT2 was saved, bob’s yer uncle.

I really like this way working too but I do often long for kits on the Digitakt. If kits were able to be saved 1:1 with patterns (automagically), you’d get the DT workflow but still have access to kits. For instance, I’d probably reserve Bank A or H as blank patterns with kits of bass/pad/lead/drums for quick songery. Get something going, copy the pattern (and kit!) to B1, save it and carry on. Then, no more ‘wait, what am I fucking up if I save this kit?’ tomfoolery.

1 Like

While using the Overbridge plugin in a DAW & capturing the A4’s audio, an option to output all 4 notes of polyphony to a single/mono audio track while using rotate/reassign, could be an option to add to the TRK menu in the next OS.
Currently, if you have the A4’s poly config allocation set to anything other than reset while using polyphony, the audio coming from a single synth track on the A4 is being separated into 4 audio channels and sent to the DAW (4 notes used on a single track means you need to be recording on 4 audio tracks to catch the whole performance) The voice sharing function of the A4 is sending each note to different audio channels. In other words, you can’t get a single synth track from the A4 to output to a single/mono/dry track IF you’re using rotate or reassign along with any polyphony. You’ll have to output your track via the Main L & R tracks, to get the performance on a single track at once.
Without being able to use rotate/reassign for some tones, puts a damper on nice lush tones with long release times. The notes end up being prematurely truncated.

The audio is not artificially separated into 4 audio channels, but it gets generated this way. Each voice has its own hardware circuit and therefore its own audio output channel. What you are requesting is simply not possible for the hardware itself.

Adding a kind of automatic mixer into the Overbridge driver doesn’t make much sense either, because summing audio channels is one of the simplest tasks for a DAW.

Why complicate things?

5 Likes

:cb: Scale Per Track already

+ Randomisation and other things :wink:

14 Likes

We demand scale per track !

6 Likes

scale per track on a4 and ar would be soooooooo helpful! fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t2:

7 Likes

FRQ: Program changes sent to a track channel select one of the 128 soundpool slots.

dunno if anyone else would find it useful, but a mono switch for the reverb would be cool

1 Like

Anything from this wishful requests found its way to A4 firmware ?

Hi, a question about A4 MK2…

Changing patterns in live situations can be annoying when you’re doing multiple things and have to hold bank button at the same time. Is there a way to simplify it? Basically some sort of combination to lock/hold bank button and change patterns with one press instead of holding A+1, A+2, A+3 etc…

I know pressing bank button gives us 5 seconds to change pattern, but it would be great if this page could be locked so I could change patterns on the fly with one finger without holding bank button

I wish it was possible to choose which track triggers the FX track, rather than having it only triggerable from the FX track itself…

Although the FX track’s LFOs retrigger on note input, those notes can only be sent from FX track itself, not the track you’re actually playing sounds from. If we could choose one of the other 4 tracks to control the FX that’d be awesome. There’s even a blank space on the FX track’s Note page (J encoder) where we could select the track to control it :slight_smile:

Basically, if i’m playing a sound from Trk 1, i’d like the FX to be triggerable from Trk 1 too. Cheers!

Going to say it!!!1 Retrigs and independent track scales.

2 Likes

Probably been asked before but track direction like reversed and ping pong would be sweet!

2 Likes

I’m a fairly new AK owner and it’s a really powerful instrument. I love it :ecstatic:

That being said, I would really like a page for keytracking modulation. I know the lfo’s can set their rate to follow oscillator pitch, but a straight up key track mod page like we have for aftertouch and velocity would get a lot of use from me. I use it a ton on the Rev 2. It’s super useful for variation in a voice as you move up and down the keyboard.

4 Likes

I’d like sequencer midi notes output, scale per track, randomization…

10 Likes

yes- nobody will miss breath control too much (well a few keys owners) - but if there was the option to switch breath control to be Key tracking - or a way to tell the system that Key Note = Breath Value then we could have Key Tracking on things where it is super useful

I’ve longed for this from day one

All we need is the ability to connect Breath value to Key Position - for a quick fix without borking patches (won’t be useful to AK joystick users)

2 Likes

feature request: Osc Tuner,
showing for example: A2/A#2/B2/C3/C#3/D3/D#3/E3/F3/F#3/G3/etc.
on the screen, as the user turns the Osc’s tune knob.

this feature can be found on DSI Pro2 for example.

2 Likes

It makes no sense here though …
… the Pro2 isn’t built on offsetting its oscillators against an internal sequencer (which does reference notated Note Name)- it makes no sense to notate the Osc tuning explicitly as a notation reference Note because the Osc Tuning is relative to the sequencer data

5 Likes

huh? doesnt the Pro 2 work that way also though? the internal sequencer says note names also on it and is offsetting the oscillators. I think maybe it is a little easier to set up a chord that transposes and to lock a single oscillator to a specific note offset at various times. I think it maybe doesn’t matter as much on the A4 because you really have 2 oscillators and then you have the more limited sub oscs for making your paraphonic chords, so you are thinking in intervals that take advantage of the sub oscillators best unlike with the 4 oscs in the pro 2. Honestly I think either way gets a bit confusing at times.

1 Like

Nice call. Got all that the next day

1 Like