A4 Feature Requests

LFO 2 rate can be modulated by an envelope … and by parameter - locking … so by locking the LOF 2 rate different on different trigs and by making parameter - slides between those trigs + the env -mod. and by sending all that to the LFO 1 rate ( + a second modulation going to the LFO 1 + all triglocking discribed above ) you can go quite deep…
:wink:

1 Like

I’m sure this has been asked before, in which case I’ll give the idea a bump:

Can pattern mixing as shown and discussed here eventually become a feature without the need for arpeggiators and trig mutes? I could see this limited to performance mode, or even an option under global settings. This could be one of the pattern modes - the LED could even be orange.

A track would carry its sequence and sound to the next pattern until it is reactivated. Would make pattern transitions a helluva lot smoother.

How I envisioned a live set with elektron gear, is that I would have sections of a song as patterns. Intro/Outro, breakdown, main. Use the A4 for big synths, pads, stabs, leads, bassline, that kind of thing. Have a Machinedrum or Rytm for percussion. Monomachine for sfx. Now you can have any one of these constant as you switch between patterns on another, creating that smoother transition. For example, you could set a filter on a pad as a macro, or have the macro kick out the kick and snare, and have a filter, and boom you have your drums for the breakdown. Switch the A4 to the breakdown and play with knobs to build it using performance macros. Now because your machines are interweaving one another it has the flow of it being one unit.

LFO 2 rate can be modulated by an envelope … and by parameter - locking … so by locking the LOF 2 rate different on different trigs and by making parameter - slides between those trigs + the env -mod. and by sending all that to the LFO 1 rate ( + a second modulation going to the LFO 1 + all triglocking discribed above ) you can go quite deep…
:wink:[/quote]
I’m very sorry, I made a mistake here, LFO 2 can’t be modulated by the ENV 2, but if you want to modulate the rate it can programmed to be done in performance - mode by the encoders, Sorry :astonished: !!! So it has to be done Live …

How I envisioned a live set with elektron gear, is that I would have sections of a song as patterns. Intro/Outro, breakdown, main. Use the A4 for big synths, pads, stabs, leads, bassline, that kind of thing. Have a Machinedrum or Rytm for percussion. Monomachine for sfx. Now you can have any one of these constant as you switch between patterns on another, creating that smoother transition. For example, you could set a filter on a pad as a macro, or have the macro kick out the kick and snare, and have a filter, and boom you have your drums for the breakdown. Switch the A4 to the breakdown and play with knobs to build it using performance macros. Now because your machines are interweaving one another it has the flow of it being one unit.[/quote]
This can be achieved I think, by programming different chains , wich could be used as intro, outro, breakdown etc…
Ofcourse you have to write things down for a live -set to keep track ( kind of partiture ).> ex/ all are running a chain > to have them switched to another all together you can swithch from chain to song - mode - so when the chains end all go to the next row, then swithing back chain gives you he possebility to stay in that chain until you switch back to song -mode, or you can program the chain to repeat a few times .
There’s a way to make pattern - or chain -swiches between units in sync - so when changing in the master machine all units follow = change to the same pattern N° - or chain. Than you have to prepare the set an a way, so it uses the same N° fo patterns - at the same positions. in a song. If I understand you at least… what you’re looking for is a system where every change of patterns - chains in any instrument would reflect in any other, I don’t know if that is possible , but one would at least need every unit to be midi - in - out conncted to every other , so that all of them are master and slave at the same time.
:confused:

How I envisioned a live set with elektron gear, is that I would have sections of a song as patterns. Intro/Outro, breakdown, main. Use the A4 for big synths, pads, stabs, leads, bassline, that kind of thing. Have a Machinedrum or Rytm for percussion. Monomachine for sfx. Now you can have any one of these constant as you switch between patterns on another, creating that smoother transition. For example, you could set a filter on a pad as a macro, or have the macro kick out the kick and snare, and have a filter, and boom you have your drums for the breakdown. Switch the A4 to the breakdown and play with knobs to build it using performance macros. Now because your machines are interweaving one another it has the flow of it being one unit.[/quote]
This can be achieved I think, by programming different chains , wich could be used as intro, outro, breakdown etc…
Ofcourse you have to write things down for a live -set to keep track ( kind of partiture ).> ex/ all are running a chain > to have them switched to another all together you can swithch from chain to song - mode - so when the chains end all go to the next row, then swithing back chain gives you he possebility to stay in that chain until you switch back to song -mode, or you can program the chain to repeat a few times .
There’s a way to make pattern - or chain -swiches between units in sync - so when changing in the master machine all units follow = change to the same pattern N° - or chain. Than you have to prepare the set an a way, so it uses the same N° fo patterns - at the same positions. in a song. If I understand you at least… what you’re looking for is a system where every change of patterns - chains in any instrument would reflect in any other, I don’t know if that is possible , but one would at least need every unit to be midi - in - out conncted to every other , so that all of them are master and slave at the same time.
:confused: [/quote]
That’s a possibility I hadn’t thought of. I was thinking I’d have to switch the patterns manually for each device! I think for live shows I’d want to bring 3 devices tops. I’m still deciding what those will be. One for sure will be the A4, the other the Monomachine. Still deciding if the third will be the Rytm or Machinedrum. Certainly the Machinedrum is appealing now that it’s half the price of Rytm (the sampling model) and has 16 tracks.

So I could midi sync the 3 devices, have the chain or songs locked together, so that when the master changes, the slaves follow? That would be incredible cause then one could focus solely on tweaks and variation to make the performance interesting!

:confused: [/quote]
That’s a possibility I hadn’t thought of. I was thinking I’d have to switch the patterns manually for each device! I think for live shows I’d want to bring 3 devices tops. I’m still deciding what those will be. One for sure will be the A4, the other the Monomachine. Still deciding if the third will be the Rytm or Machinedrum. Certainly the Machinedrum is appealing now that it’s half the price of Rytm (the sampling model) and has 16 tracks.

So I could midi sync the 3 devices, have the chain or songs locked together, so that when the master changes, the slaves follow? That would be incredible cause then one could focus solely on tweaks and variation to make the performance interesting![/quote]
Check it out :joy: there’s ways to do it, but if it’s exactly the way you emagine ? the way I see it the structure of every song in every instrument would have to be exactly thesame = same N° of patterns - same chains with same amouth of patterns. So visually exact copy’s > with right midi- settings 1 can be the matser and all others will follow exactly what you’re doing on the master. Personnaly I prefer to have more freedom. So I make a song in both my dreammachins > AK + A4 , but I don’t have the need to swith stuff from 1 master - it’s much more fun be able to layer different patterns as I please on the moment …less work to make an exact copy of the song and 1000 x more song-structere’s at my fingertips.

Lots of good suggestions, keep it coming people!

[quote="“vos”"]

.[/quote]
Well that’s more or lessthe way I’m working for the moment.
I start in 1 machine creating some patterns and as soon as I feel the moment I start to make patterns on the other that work well together. but I don’t care for a identical song-structure. In this way I’m free to loop a pattern in 1 machine while the other is playing a chain for ex. etc… etc… ( 128 x 128 x 64 chains = ??? ) > but at the end-stage I finisch with a song that’s a combination of both machines - so they follow eatchother from beginning till the end. I don’t care much for changing patterns or the song-structure Live. so I can occupy myself solely with changing sounds and FX.
It’s easy enough to loop certain patterns or chains in a live - setup., but if the song -structure isn’t identical, I have to take cear not to loose track. - so good preparation is needed.
If i use 1 Kit for several patterns it’s sometimes interesting to save that Kit in different versions of itself > so you can link those versions to different chaines or patterns = a fast way to ahve different versions > because the only thing you have to do is tweek the performance -buttons you(ve programmed and save ! > so let’s say you want your stuff to go up - now you can slowly turn your buttons until the pattern arrives where the settings are how you want them - the other wayaround is simpler - you can stay with thesame Kit - just push Kit -reload. So > you can make countless variations on a Kit just by turng the perfourmance buttons and save > done :slight_smile:
Things can go so deep I don’t know how to explain anymore, but the big surprise to me is that I can rather easely keep track thanks to this machines incredible genial workflow, and even if some people complain a bout the small screen , I think it’s perfect for the job. Show me any other sequencer that can do all that stuf and at the same time give you a clear view of where you are = giving you the possebility to interviegn wherever and whenever you want, and save while playing or to fuck everithing up > and to bring you back on track with a few button -pusches.? just incredible …

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: We’ve Hyjacked this tread by the way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

.[/quote]
Well that’s more or lessthe way I’m working for the moment.
I start in 1 machine creating some patterns and as soon as I feel the moment I start to make patterns on the other that work well together. but I don’t care for a identical song-structure. In this way I’m free to loop a pattern in 1 machine while the other is playing a chain for ex. etc… etc… ( 128 x 128 x 64 chains = ??? ) > but at the end-stage I finisch with a song that’s a combination of both machines - so they follow eatchother from beginning till the end. I don’t care much for changing patterns or the song-structure Live. so I can occupy myself solely with changing sounds and FX.
It’s easy enough to loop certain patterns or chains in a live - setup., but if the song -structure isn’t identical, I have to take cear not to loose track. - so good preparation is needed.
If i use 1 Kit for several patterns it’s sometimes interesting to save that Kit in different versions of itself > so you can link those versions to different chaines or patterns = a fast way to ahve different versions > because the only thing you have to do is tweek the performance -buttons you(ve programmed and save ! > so let’s say you want your stuff to go up - now you can slowly turn your buttons until the pattern arrives where the settings are how you want them - the other wayaround is simpler - you can stay with thesame Kit - just push Kit -reload. So > you can make countless variations on a Kit just by turng the perfourmance buttons and save > done :slight_smile:
Things can go so deep I don’t know how to explain anymore, but the big surprise to me is that I can rather easely keep track thanks to this machines incredible genial workflow, and even if some people complain a bout the small screen , I think it’s perfect for the job. Show me any other sequencer that can do all that stuf and at the same time give you a clear view of where you are = giving you the possebility to interviegn wherever and whenever you want, and save while playing or to fuck everithing up > and to bring you back on track with a few button -pusches.? just incredible …

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: We’ve Hyjacked this tread by the way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: [/quote]
Ok, so yesterday I picked up a Machinedrum UW. I have both set to new projects, new songs, new kits. Both at the same bank number. I am using the Analog 4 to control the machine drum. How can i make the A4 change banks on the machinedrum? Or do I just have to structure the songs so that they both change at the same time?

Feature request that’s probably impossible. Compression. I’m finding myself needing it more and more as time progresses. I don’t particularly want to run into my computer to get it either because I really like the chorus on the A4 and if I run track by track I lose fx.

+1000 for individual track sequencer multipliers/divisions like OT. Massive workflow/vibe killer when you suddenly need to add a longer passage to a pattern and would have obvious creative uses too.

Also selectable filter knob behavior. Just doesn’t ‘feel’ expressive enough sweeping the AK filter knobs sometimes. Would be good if there was an option to have the knob do a full filter sweep in a rotation length that felt ‘normal’… The current slow sweep is useful for fine tuning and the fast sweep when knob is pressed down is useful for leaping through. But often the slow setting is too fiddly/drawn out/requires a million lightning fast twists, and the fast often feels like it steps at too high intervals. An option available in settings for somewhere in-between would be great… Probably mentioned before, sorry if repeating.

And please please port the OT spring reverb, lo-fi and comb filter effects :wink:

Yep, and if you want to be able to jump-around from 1 chain - or pattern to another ( back and forth )whyle playing and 1 machine has to follow the other, the structure has to be identical. = same N° of chains ( with thesame N° of patterns ). I perefer the freedom of 2 songs sincronised BUT not with identical chain-structure - and having some times 1 pattern looping a few times in 1 isntr. whyle running a chain in another. The only structure I want is that both run together = the N° of patterns actully played in both has to be equal ( so if a pattern loops its counted for every loop < same for chains ) . This has the advantage that I don’t have to make copys of patterns that are indentical > and so keeping more patterns availeble + variations can still be maid by track -mutes and transpose )
And the patterns of both machines can be layered in different variations - or I can loop 1 chain in 1 and jump to another chain in the other for Live-variations. it’s just great how you can adapt these cequensers to your own taste of working When using 3 amchines you could even combine mthodes > ex : 2 machines following exact thesame structure whyle freeweeling on a 3th one. I’m seriously thinking t get a RYTM to do that - and to use the RYTM to continue balsting whyle reloading my AK - A4, SO THE BEAT GO’s ON
:rage: :imp: :astonished: :slight_smile: :joy: :heart:

[quote="“kwamensah”"]

Ok, so yesterday I picked up a Machinedrum UW. I have both set to new projects, new songs, new kits. Both at the same bank number. I am using the Analog 4 to control the machine drum. How can i make the A4 change banks on the machinedrum? Or do I just have to structure the songs so that they both change at the same time?[/quote]

Bear in mind also that if you use the MD to control the Analog Four, you can send Program Change messages or MIDI notes from the MD’s MID machines to make arbitrary pattern changes at any time on the AF using the AF’s MULTI MAP feature.

Yes! I’d love to have different response curves in the performance macros, not just on the filters.

[quote="“vestibule”"]

Yes! I’d love to have different response curves in the performance macros, not just on the filters.[/quote]
That would be fantastic !

[quote="“vestibule”"]

Yes! I’d love to have different response curves in the performance macros, not just on the filters.[/quote]
Yeah after first experience of setting up/using performance mode I agree, a middle ground response curve option is definitely needed in many places across the OS. Even my volca keys ‘feels’ less fiddly/more expressive in some situations. And Elektron clearly should have spread the knobs further apart on Analog Keys. So much wasted space on deck… When using the far right performance knobs it’s way less awkward with that room to the right of them. If they’d just doubled the spacing of the knobs… Obviously that can’t be fixed now but response curve options would be a big +.

Yeah after first experience of setting up/using performance mode I agree, a middle ground response curve option is definitely needed in many places across the OS. Even my volca keys ‘feels’ less fiddly/more expressive in some situations. And Elektron clearly should have spread the knobs further apart on Analog Keys. So much wasted space on deck… When using the far right performance knobs it’s way less awkward with that room to the right of them. If they’d just doubled the spacing of the knobs… Obviously that can’t be fixed now but response curve options would be a big +. [/quote]

• 1000000 to all :smiley:
    I also miss too an easy way to isolate different FX configuration for every synth track :frowning:

Please this! It’s so frustrating that these newer machines have amazing seq features like trig probability but are still lacking this function. It can’t possibly be a hardware limitation, so omission by design?

1 Like

This is AK specific but this seems like the place that AK stuff is being listed too?

Latch joystick position. Possible via ‘Hold + Midi Ext’ shortcut combo maybe?