A4 Feature Requests

There is one space left in the delay-section… so why not some sort of pitch-shifter?

5 Likes

P-Locks on the arp settings, ala the OT.

8 Likes

Easy feature to implement that would be amazing: Paraphonic mode.

I love this on my Sub-37 and I’d love to see it on the A4.

1 Like

What would paraphonic do that polyphonic cannot?

Paraphonic mode splits up osc 1 and 2 to be playable by individual notes.

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but I would like to see separate clock divisions for each track, similar to the OT’s sequencer. IE if Master Clock is at 120, I could set Track 1 to be 1/8th note divisions while Track 2 is 1/16th.

4 Likes

ADVANCED MODE In this mode the tracks of the pattern can be assigned individual lengths

So there is no Multiplier per track as in Ot ? Wishlist.

I would hope for individual track clocking speed. Track 1 with 1x speed and track 4 with 1/2 speed , that would be very cool.

I cant imagine that this would be very CPU intensive to add this feature.

1 Like

Hi Elektron & Elekrtonauts,

I know many of you share my sentiments when I say that the Analog Four should absolutely be able to send midi from the on board sequencer to sequence external gear. It is clearly just a software update. PLEASE PLEASE do this. I’ve seen others requesting the same thing.

I understand that you (Elektron) have the Octatrack and that you are keen to have us buy this box. More midi sequencing means more fun! Using the A4 as a midi sequencer does not negate the need for the OT. How do you sample what you’ve sequenced? clearly via the OT (or other depending).

My question is: why limit the possibilites? The keyboard on the A4 sends midi & the sequencer is so powerful it seems counter intuitive to limit its potential.

Anyway, huge fan of your gear. I use it every day. Adding this feature will only increase my love and use of this amazing tool.

Best,

L~S

2 Likes

hai could you please please tell me on wich page the trig condition setup is to be found on the a4/k?
have not discovered it yet… so i thought it was a rytm only update

oh i messed up with the tabs, meant to ask about trig conditions somewhere else sry

feature i wanted to request:
is it possible to make the filtertracking a modulation destiny? so it would be possible to modulate it via lfo/env
would allow for some of interesting sounds and progression changes

Filter tracking is a sort of modulation in itself, so modulating that is a sort of meta thing as both could in theory target filter freq - but I suppose by varying the tracking you can ‘flip’ the relationship across the keys (not doable by LFO alone, hmm)

I sorta see that it could be different, but I also follow why the destination wasn’t added, though almost all parameters are modulatable

It’s a track parameter - you find it on the Note Page
You have to do the programming in Step mode as you would ordinarily apply a p-lock and then depress encoder E marked TRC (TRig Condition I think)

3 Likes

i dont see a reason why it should not be an option if its possible from the hardware perspective
even tho its not the the most obvious feature
i had some super fun jams recently while modulating the tracking by hand, love how its playing together with higher resonances especially when im more in the dolphin/whale sound zone
so i wanted ask sb at elektron if they could free me this modulation hand :smiley:

1 Like

Just a reminder: this topic is a good place to discuss potential feature requests but, if you actually want to ensure that Elektron reads your request, send it in an email message to:
feature-request@elektron.se

4 Likes

I wonder if A4 has enough power for more effects, so one could switch let say Chorus for Phaser and Delay for LoFi and save that in Kit settings.

2 Likes

or SuperVoid Reverb switched for a nice sharp Plate.

FX “machines” !

Great idea.

I recently acquired an Elektron AK and I’m very, very satisfied with it. I knew going in that this instrument involves some menu diving and I don’t have a problem with that. My question is this:

From some menus (song edit mode, for example), I can’t immediately jump to another menu (like a parameter page) without first clicking “No” and going back to the main screen. I know it’s not difficult to hit No a couple of times but it’s not intuitive in a live setting and just feels clunky. Is it possible to fix this menu structure so that I can skip to any menu with a single click?

Going to disagree here. One of the reasons I have taken to the a4 the best of all of the elektron devices is there are no options. Every voice is identical, made of the same parts. There’s no -oh, this is fm+ or this is configured with the Dj eq. Every time you go to a screen, what you expect is what you see.

fair enough.

Fortunately there are multiple unused parameter slots on the reverb (and one slot free on the delay).
A switch on a free parameter slot to toggle between different FX algorithms would satisfy us both, I reckon.

2 Likes

+1 on the extended timeout when choosing LFO destination

3 Likes