A4 Feature Requests

Yes, A4 is definitely benefiting from the trig conditions feature the most I think, as we tend to cram a lot more onto an A4 tracks with sound locks due to the voice limitation.

Love it.

Happiest day in Elektron land since the first Overbridge beta dropped.

When in menus (sound config, kit config etc) it feels very unnecessary to have to press no, no to get out of it.

You should be able to just press osc, lfo, perf, arp, whatever, and be taken there directly.

Now when you press those, the respective screens are loaded in the background, but you still have to press no, no to get there.

Any reason for making it behave like this, or is this a tweak that could be done?

Another suggestion in the same lane, is having function+osc1 take you to the sound menu (like is does per now), while function+osc2 - lfo would take you to velocity mod to aftertouch (there are five buttons left after osc1, and five modulation screens, so it would match up perfectly).

This would enhance the sound design experience, and make it more robust in the competition with more knobby units.

I hope Elektron people take notice of this, because it would smoothen the experience by a lot, and make the unit feel a lot less menu’y.

1 Like

The same combo to get you in that deep, will take you out in an instant. Fn+Kit e.g.

It’d be great to be able to transpose sounds in a given track when being sequenced by another track.

All the new trig condition feature on Arp notes would be awesome.

It’s probably already mentioned previously but p-lock on Arp params like you can on the Octa.

Color blind mode

Muted and selected tracks currently show an orange led. This color is confused with the green led by red blind people like me, and many others.

I suggest a global setup that changes the orange led for a dim red, or blinking red, like trigless locks.

I’ve owned my A4 for a month and a friend just told me about the orange led. I can’t distinguish it from the green, at all.

if performance knob is set to bipolar i think it should be reflected in main macro view by dot while in middle position.

1 Like

Option to Lock (write protect) Kits, or at least an option to disable quick write.

1 Like

A 7 th track with trig lock and lfo dedicated to the performaces parametters
would be very nice :wink:

+1 for global settings! (same like track/fx mute global or kit setttings)
But would also love to see this for the fx sends.
But the question is … how it would does affect the sound locks?
Not sure if the volume is stored in a sound lock … the fx sends do so.

What about making the Fill mode also affect the pattern length?

Another one (a bit on the wishful thinking side):

Performance macros that affect only p-locked trigs, or that exclude them. Assigned with Function+click under Performance Config.

One thing that really bothers me is the volume ducking for the overdrive u nit. When I use overdrive, I’m not just looking for the tonal quality, but the aggression as well, which I feel it doesn’t deliver. It would be nice if the overdrive was reworked so there was an increase in amplitude and a change in tonality when it’s engaged.

1 Like

I’d like retrig ability separate from the arp.

Also, I’d like to have more control on the parameter-slides(which I’m having trouble with)

This won’t happen as it would influence all sounds allready made.
But why don’t you try to program this yourselve ? All building-blocks are at your fingertips …
The way the overdrive reacts depends alot on the input . The volume dousn’t go down by default.

I guess when I saw overdrive I was expecting like a tube overdrive sound applied, but I guess that’s not really what it is. I’ll just have to get an external one and route it through it!

Here is another interesting feature request:

The ability to modulate LFO 2 from LFO 1. You can do two to 1, but not 1 to 2. Would be neat to do some cross modulation like sounds!

while changing kits:

function + yes = select new kit but stay in kit selection screen

a bit like sound browising function + yes

this would allows easier auditioning of kits.

MIDI TX and RX for the new “Fill function”

Fill Lock (may be Function+Yes+Page)
then Page for unlock