A4 Feature Requests

I dont post feature request anymore.
Pointless iimo we get to see very few if any

It’s like viral market research, and they add the most wanted features
to NEW products.

Yeah, it’s long overdue now.

Well… Youre wrong. :joy:
I love Elektron for keep doing what theyre doing. Soon…

Probably an often requested feature… An option to save the entire AK/A4 memory: Projects/Kits/Sounds etc. Via Sysex, in one click… One simple backup option…

you can already, from the edit mode, just hold Transpose + ^/v the way you do when in sound browser and wish to change octaves

What would be very usefull is a function to erase all trigs ( everyhting ) from 1 track, but from all patterns in a chain

Don’t know if it’s been suggested already:

Triggers from other tracks as a modulation source. Could be useful for creating a side-chaining effect, for example.

(I know people will say “just use an LFO for that”, but when you have irregular drum sequences, it doesn’t quite work!)

Oh yes - it would be graet if all trigs could be nudged in microsteps ( together )

I haven’t read all of this thread. Anyway, a lot of people complain about the “Elektron way”. I don’t do that, I quite love it! But there are some little things that I wish were different. Maybe this could be sorted out in a customized option accessible via USB/overbridge. (it won’t happen, just wishing). Here you could have an array of personalized options. Okay, now what to drives me crazy:

When I copy and paste a pattern, I want to start using the NEW pattern. Why the fuck would I copy and paste and want to remain on the same pattern??? I have erased so many melody ideas doing this it makes me insane. Just tonight I did it on say track A8 then copy and pasted to A9, erased and came up with something new, copy and pasted (original copy and paste) to A10 and came up with something new, repeat repeat repeat. Song done, right? And so fast! But then I realize I have the same pattern on all tracks because I’m an idiot! And I keep doing it because it just seems really counterintuitive to me.

I guess I’ll figure it out, but shit. I’ve had my AK for a year and literally, 35% or so of my work has been lost because of “user error”.

are there even any new features considered at all? i guess there is too much into this bridge stuff and no new features for the a4… really loved to see different time scales per track

“this bridge stuff” is a new feature for the A4 - arguably the biggest single upgrade any Elektron has seen. Whether it’s a feature that you personally wanted to see or are willing to use is another question.

Also, in case you missed it, a major update to the sequencer has been announced and is likely to drop very soon.

Not sure if there’s anything planned re tempo - the main features that I’m aware of appear to relate to trig behaviours.

In any case, the A4 already can do different time signatures per track. If you mean a different bpm per track, I think that’s highly unlikely to ever be implemented, irrespective of what’s happening with “this bridge stuff” - even daw sequencers or afaik something like the Squarp Pyramid are tied to global tempo.

Benway, he meant track scaling, something I’d also like to see.

Donato, check out a blank project download called tabula rasa. It’s set up so that each pattern has its own separate kit. It’s in the files section.

As in x2, x4, x8 per track? My bad, picked that up wrongly - would be handy for sure, I generally work around by doubling global tempo and working back from there. Works ok for me, but I don’t play live.

Will be interesting to see what else comes in the new OS, while the probability stuff was the most heavily discussed before the thread in the Rytm forum went under, it seems that there will be other elements - some additional lfo functionality was mentioned, who knows what else…

+1 for individual track scale dividers / multipliers. without em the A4 is neutered.

also a random pattern generator button combo.

and tempo per pattern. Crazy theres no option to change tempo per pattern.

I generally have 4 different tunes per bank, not all the same tempo as they are different.
should be an option.

[ol]
[li]Individual track scale dividers [/li]
[li]Global shared Track level for All kits in order to change pattern with a different kit and keep the volume level[/li]
[/ol]

2 is so important for live act!!!

more LFO shapes

LCD contrast (even more important for AK because of angle)

I’d also love to see a global set of definitions for the inputs and CV settings that can optionally override those of each kit.
I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve selected a new A4 pattern only for the kit it uses to have the wrong output clock setting or input panning/fx/levels. I’d dare use the inputs far more live if I knew I only had to set them up once.

I don’t really understand… on my A4, I copy a pattern, say A8, switch to A9, paste. For now, A8 and A9 are identical. I stay on A9 and change it. WHen I feel like I wanna progress, I copy the A9 pattern and paste it to A10, which I then change. That’s how they should all be different…

Just got the new OS. Holy shit.
One thing that would make it crazier is if the Page button could send CC.