A4 Feature Requests

I think this is definitely an area the a4 could improve in…

i think the level of digital control for an analog synth is almost unprecedented…

That said

The synth can obviously handle modulating every parameter of the synth per step… So why cant we have a modulation matrix beyond 2 routing possibilities per modulation source? Why cant i modulate 10 parameters with LFO 1? its a digital mod source and the cpu can def handle modulating everything via the step sequencer also a digital mod source…

This is one area of a great synth i found myself a little bit disappointed in… It lack of a modulation matrix… i mean i could manually program the parameters i want into the sequencer via the plock system with parameter slides… but what if i wanted to just modulate it all via an lfo quickly…? the matrix would open up the mod sources to be modulate by each other too …

i wouldnt expect more mod sources… just a more comprehensive matrix to route the digital mod sources too…

this would be my first request after buying the a4 a week ago… im sure the list will grow haha… i could write a page on how i think the octatrack should be improved after owning it for a year (most of it in the midi sequencing departement), but that for another thread… But really liking the synth…

I would love to see the Sound Settings menu brought up a few levels in the menu hierarchy so that it’s really only one click away from the main editing screen. It’s such an integral part of sound making but it’s such a chore to get in and out of repeatedly.

If this menu could be accessed with a single button combo it would make sound creation that much more straightforward. It’s a shame that these settings are so buried in menus since they are settings that would be addressed on a per-patch basis, not like changing a system setting where you only do it once a project or so.

wow, stupid me!
all you have to do is press FUNCTION + (any parameter page button). Thanks, manual :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i wish , that i can select to playback only the current 16 steps on the sequencer :slight_smile: and +1 for the longer popupwindow for the modulation destination window.

• Keytrack as a modulation source like Velocity/Modwheel/AT/…
2 Likes

i would love to thane osc output via the usb cable :: pitch, gate-in form of amp envelope, filter envelope, modulation envelope(eg2), lfo1, lfo2

so i could do some very awesome immersive audiovisual stuff

New to the forum, but here’s my initial requests/ +1s having just got my A4 :smiley:

• Oscillator FM (some digital waveforms for FM would be awesome too as previously mentioned, but just FM osc1 and 2 would be cool)
  • Track solo
  • Play only currently selected 16 steps mode.
  • More digital FX! - would love a phaser, distortion, bitcrusher etc. Greedy I know :slight_smile:
  • Trig nudging - not sure if this is possible, to nudge the microtiming of an individual trig, I know it can be qauntized, but say I recorded in live recording mode but want to adjust the feel of the performance, i might want to nudge one or two trig notes back or forward in microtime slightly like I can with a piano roll in a daw, this would allow more interesting feel and variation to the sequences. Please let me know if this is possible already.
1 Like

just found that you can already nudge timing of the trigs… sweet! :slight_smile:

This will probably be impossible to do, but would be great for me…If you could bounce down the voices to one track.

An EQ per voice i think is need too

1 Like

While saving a kit add the ability to change the save location.

That way I can use part of the same kit name to save to another location, and maybe change one character or two.

You could show the original name and location maybe in the lower right corner of the save as screen. Or just below the save location in a smaller font.

Possibility to adjust the screen brightness would be awesome.
It’s a little too bright in certain situations.

Arpeggiator portamento!

digital waveforms, like the digiwave on the MnM

please … in the noise-section is enough space for that to implement

+1 for LFO Keytrack

Also, wouldn’t it be neat if you could play a track paraphonically?
Say if 2 notes are played on one track, OSC2 would be automatically tuned to the highest note?

This in combination with the polyphony would allow for 8 voices. But it can also save up some tracks, have a four note chord played by only 2 tracks on the A4.

2 Likes

I would like to have a parameter for syncing the delays in bars (1/4, 1/8, 1/16…)

Sorted.

Having just picked up a analog 4 to control my eurorack there are a few things i would love to see ported over to the A4. Firstly as others have mentioned audio rate LFO pitch tracking of a selected oscillator would be great for more FM fun! It would also be cool to be able to offset the modulation LFO in intervals to maintain FM ratios.

I also think it would be nice to see a vactoral emulation for low pass gate effects, like what mutable instruments have recently done with their stream module . Maybe as an extra envelope shape for the vcf env, im sure that it would sound nice with the all the different modes of the multi-mode filter.

More scales available in note set up pages.

Sequencer playback-wards, random, drunken, maybe even controlled by clock synced lfo’s. Man this already amazing sequencer has so much potential

Anyone know if these forum suggestions ever get implemented?

keytracking for the level of the ossilators - keytracking as modulation source- the LFO’s are allready very good - x2 - x4 - x8 etc… -> why not divisions - 1/2 - 1/4 - 1/8 etc… for very slow mods. + LFO 2 as modulation destination.
An independant- memory - buffer for eatch pattern would be graet ( prob. impossible ) so one could record a track live over a chain of patterns without having to erase eatch track one by one in eatch pattern if the result is not satisfying. (or - an undo function after live -recording for multiple patterns at once ).
As it is now - i loose everithing that has been recorded on those tracks .

MOST of all - Punch in - out Live recording ( with a pedal - so i think impossible )

1 Like

Absolutely. Keytracking should be a modulation source under Sound Settings.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Keytracking should be a modulation source under Sound Settings.[/quote]
I’d love this, and yes, Sound Settings seems the right place for it.

I’d also like to be able to modify all 3 time stages of an envelope as a single modulation destination, i.e. to proportionally increase/decrease A,D+R all at once (without tying up 3 modulation slots).