A4 faceplate replacement?

Okay, so I inherited a previously heavily toured with Analog Four, and it’s kind of showing some sweat damage.

Does Elektron even replace the MKI faceplates anymore? Should I just get a skin to cover it? Functionally as far as I can tell it’s fine. Some trig lights don’t light up, I can handle that for now. I know I will eventually have to send it for repair…

I don’t have a replacement for it and can’t really stand to be without it for however long it would take Elektron to fix and ship it back.

I don’t know, thoughts?
A) ignore it until it’s all chipped
B) buy a skin
C) track down a replacement faceplate

1 Like

D) Resell as a “Elektron Custom Shop - Heavy Relic Analog Four MK1” at a premium price

13 Likes

Not happening!

1 Like

I’d email Elektron and see what they can do but if there’s nothing, do you plan on actively touring with it as well? If it’s mostly going to see studio use and mechanically/electronically it works fine, I’d just see what you can do to prevent it from rusting further and enjoy the patina!

:crazy_face:

Probably touring with it as well…
Does anybody at least know the size of these Allen screws so I can replace them?

M3x6mm hex button IIRC

1 Like

You have the first A4 ever! You have luckily got this one!

5 Likes

They still do MK1 faceplates. Around $50 i believe (excluding shipping). Contact customer support.

2 Likes

Perfect!! Thanks!

Did you find it at the bottom of the ocean?

1 Like

Did you find it at the bottom of the ocean?

Nah, that looks more like this:

(Yes it’s an actual repair unit. Don’t ask from when or who, I honestly don’t know.)

18 Likes

Whoooa. Love some tech gore!

1 Like

These pictures need a trigger warning

4 Likes

NSFW more like.

2 Likes

Not safe from water?

10 Likes

Amazing.

2 Likes

:scream: :confounded: :sob:

2 Likes

Got a faceplate and hex screws coming from Elektron!

Anything I should be wary of when swapping this out?? Anything about the screen or…?

2 Likes

Might as well ask this here. Is there a way to clean / de-rust metal on things like an e-mu rack? I’m talking about the bottom/back parts.