A4 CV Pitch to Minibrute - Solved

Hi
Having some trouble tuning the A4 CV/Pitch control to the minibrute.
Could someone please share their settings.
It would be much appreciated.
CV A
Type: Pitch V/Oct
Note 1: C…
Voltage 1: …V
Note 2: C…
Voltage 2: …V

If possible, would you mind explaining what your trouble is, what you have tried already (in terms of documentation) ?

Giving you numbers is not the way to solve this, trust me

Hi.
Ive tried these settings from another post for a Microbrute.
CV B
Note 1: C3
Voltage 1: 3.000V
Note 2: C4
Voltage 2: 4.000V
But it didn’t work.

I could get it to work at
CV B
Note 1: C6
Voltage 1: 3.000V
Note 2: C4
Voltage 2: 4.000V
But then the keyboard was backwards, I tried reversing the numbers, but it didn’t work either.
I am a little stumped for answers…

Firstly, it pays to have an idea about what the cv side is doing
So, on the face of it, the first set looks like it’s in the right territory - so what was wrong ?

How are your gates configured and what cable are you using ? Is it a proper Y cable, is the tip separate from ring

The last set is fundamentally wrong on two counts

1. The interval between Cs (you have 2 octaves and 1 volt)
  2. The direction of the voltage gradient

Generally, to get going, we can assume 1v/octave increasing

Thereafter we can fine tune things

But did you even try to follow the instructions from the documentation ?

So, the ‘what’s wrong’ about the first set of numbers is that the offset along the line(gradient) is kinda wrong, it’s too high by a long way

Now if you know it’s too high, just reduce the voltage or raise the C value, but do it whilst retaining the notional 1v/oct incline to begin with

A better start point for the range is closer to C6 1v & C7 2v imho

This is based on initially playing the middle C of the centre Octave position and then DO NOT TOUCH (mb) whilst setting up

Then the Low C of the Mid Octave A4 is roughly the same as the Mid C of centre Octave for mb

But each device will need to be calibrated and adjusted to suit its own A4 controller and its own internal voice calibration (both of which can be off)

That’s why you should follow the instructions posted above and not just take numbers that will only be ballpark

Hey
I have worked it out. :slight_smile:
C9 0.00v
C10 1.00V
This will give your middle Octave note on the minibrute approximately middle octave on the A4
Too easy.

1 Like