A4 cv lifeforms sv-1 setup

Hi all,

I hope someone can shed some light on my dilemma.

I have an Analog Four and recently purchased a Lifeforms SV-1 with the intention of using the control voltage outputs of the Analog Four to trigger the SV-1.

I am successfully triggering the gate of the SV-1 but I can’t work out how to set up the pitch tracking.

Is anyone successfully using these 2 items together?

I’m hoping someone can help with this.

Cheers

I don’t have the sv-1, but other PGH Modular stuff. It shouldn’t be much to it. You are probably just overthinking things. :slight_smile:

So, as you probably know, 1Volt = 1 octave in pitch. The default pitch CV settings on the A4 should be fine (or at least very close), so just use those, send a C and tune that to C on the sv-1. If it gets slightly out of tune a couple of octaves up or down you will need to tweak the CV settings on the A4 a tad to compensate.

Thanks Abhoth, so I should be sending the pitch to the V/O of oscillator 1?

Yes. To use both oscillators, you could go via one of the splitters, and then to both oscillator V/O inputs. Or you could use another pitch CV out on the A4 (it can still be mapped to the same note triggers).

As a sidenote, the SV-1 splitter sections are unbuffered. When you split a CV signal using an unbuffered splitter, you might end up with a slight voltage drop. Which means things start to go slightly out of tune. I notice on my system that I can split a CV signal to three destinations from the A4 without issues, but if I use my midi2cv module, I can do max 2.

1 Like

Ok, I figured out where I was going wrong, I was using a TRS to dual TRS splitter for the A4 CV out (instead of a TRS to dual TS). What a head wrecker! Thanks for your input mate. I’m now in my happy place :wink:

2 Likes