A4 cv/Hertz output settings

Hi
I recently purchased a A4, and i very much enjoy it.

I would like to use the CV sequencer track to sequence a Yamaha CS10 and a Korg MS20. I know both synths are CV/Hz (and not cv/gate), but i am not sure about the best settings (among the many ones found in the A4) : which settings would you recommend (S-trig ? V-trig ? gate ? trigger ? negative ? poositive ? etc) ?
I would not like to cause any harm to my analog synths with unccorrect settings, so i’m looking for any feedback…

Thank you

1 Like

Volt per octave is more common, you need the Hz per volt for korg, i suggest you swat up on CV terminology first although you’re unlikely to damage anything

Thank you.

I think i didn’t explain myself very well, sorry for not being obvious enough : i am already quite used with dealing with cv/hz synths (i own my ms20 for years), and as i wrote, i know that both the ms20 and the cs10 are using cv/hz (unquantized) as opposed as the more usual cv/gate (v/oct).

My main interrogation is more about which mode i should better select from the A4 to trigger the signal : there are so many options in this modern machine that the user manual of either the cs10 or the ms20 doesn’t tell much which one would be the best : v-trig, s-trig, etc.

[edit] RTFM : p53, everything is well explained :stuck_out_tongue:

cool, your original question raised more issues on first reading, it sounded like you may have wanted to be sure about pitch voltage and gate voltage differences before asking the question or finding the key info from your manuals, either way, you’re mostly there i guess, but don’t forget the addendum to managing fine tuning on the latest os, it can’t be found in the manual but it is detailed in the release notes with the latest OS, it covers calibration, there’s a few threads on here too with further cv hook up tips

For information, the Yamaha CS10 requires S-trig.

http://www.kentonuk.com/synthselector/synths/yamaha/cs-10.shtml
http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49998

… and from Sequencer.de :

Yamaha analogue Trigger: gate pulse in/out 10V negative to GROUND.
btw: there is a “rumour” around the CS series respond to korg logic Hz/oct. - thats not true. it’s a special exponential characteristics…

CV in/out: 0,0835 V to 4 V (exponential)
Trigger in: Note off 15 V to 3 V / Note on 0 V to -10 V
Trigger out: Note off 3 V / Note on -7 V