A4 arp and parameter slide

hey folks. just noticed that parameter slide on volume (amp page) won’t work when the arpeggiator is on. when it’s off it works fine. anybody had the same issue? is this a bug? am i missing something?

hmm when arp is on parameter slide on filter frequency didn’t work too. just checked the manual but couldn’t find anything related to this.

how are you sliding? what kind of trigs are you sliding between?

i put a long note trig at the beginning of a 64 step pattern and a trigless trig at step 33. the note trig has a parameter lock (level at amp page=0) and the trigless trig has a parameter lock (level=100). i put parameter slides on both trigs and expect the level to slowly rise to 100 from 0. a simple volume swell. when arp is on it doesn’t work. when arp is off it works. :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

i spent a good hour or more yesterday trying to get slides to work for various parameters on an arp track. i kept thinking i was doing something wrong, but i think it is simply a limitation of the way param slides work. my guess is that each note being played by the arp is a discrete “sequencer event”, so the slide only occurs on the last note immediately played just before the trig that has the value locked. to me this is a bug, and i’m sort of surprised that so few people have come across it?

i did the dodgy workaround of adding a bunch of trigless trigs and plocking each one. it’s not the same as all notes played on each step has the same value and then it jumps on the next step, but it got close enough for me for now.

Hi did you found finally a solution :? Some month I’m trying …

Did you forgot the arp or slides now ? Whats your new method ?

Maybe try to live record the amp volume changes? That will eventually lead to the automatic input of a lot of trigless locks, but it is easier to create than entering each lock one at a time

1 Like