A4 and Octatrack sync messed up

Hey guys, I’ve just run into this problem and after messing about for an hour I’m stumped.

I’ve got the A4 slaved to the octatrack with clock, transport and program change and it has been working great up until now. For some reason when I switch pattern on the octatrack, the A4 LEDs show that the pattern has indeed changed but the actual A4 audio doesn’t change until the next pattern cycle.

As usual, any input is appreciated, I’m ripping my hair out at the moment!

Ah I fixed it by setting the A4 to just 64 steps, now it changes patterns correctly.

I’m a bit confused as to why this is, I’m sure I’ve had it working with longer patterns before, eg. Octatrack set to 64 steps 128 master 1/2 time and A4 set to the same. When I did this today the A4 offsets an extra 64 steps before changing patterns. Baffled…

hi, which OS on the a4?

Latest 1.23b. I’ve tried all sorts to get this working with no luck so I’ve opened a support ticket.

I think this may be a bug, I’ve tried many different scale settings today and the patterns are always delayed by an extra 64 steps.

It seems that the only way the A4 can respond to Octatrack pattern changes correctly, is if the scale setup is set to 1 with 64 steps. All other settings cause an offset to the pattern switch.

It’s made even more confusing because the led’s show that the pattern has switched but the audio clearly doesn’t switch.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

probably related to the confirmed bug in 1.23b for A4. Don’t know if it could be octa related too, but try rolling back to 1.23.

thanks for the reply, i don’t think the Octatrack is the problem, it seems more related to the scale setup on the A4.

What is the confirmed bug in 1.23b?

In the meantime I’ll have to wait for support to get back to me.

Ah I see, not sure that’s related to my issue though but then again, who knows?

I can’t be bothered with downgrading the OS, at least until support have told me whether it’s an issue or not.

For anyone that happens to come across this issue, support have confirmed its a bug in 1.23b. There is a problem with advanced track scale and the Chg parameter.

2 Likes

Not realy related, but I always found the A4 pattern change a little capricious compared to the OT. When synced together, I find that I have to change patternes a good few steps earlier compared to the OT to ensure that the A4 changes at the end of the pattern cycle. Not a big issue, the A4 is just a little slower responding thant the OT.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [BUG] Analog Four time scales and Octatrack pattern switching

Deleted post, user error.

Maybe set up the A4 to direct jump as apposed to sequential. IDK might work?