A4 and CV outs question

That’s a really good point, i completely forgot about that CV stacking, it works great although there’s no quick visual overview on trigs status - value lin is so handy, the whole cv side is really deep - something it’d be nice to see broke out onto the OB editor

Adam, or anyone else who might know…
What cv setting do you use to trigger the nd so that you can p-lock the steps? I’m using the type: trigger and it sounds all four channels. I can p-lock the cv src but that just triggers from other tracks.
I have tried Value Lin but can’t get it to play any sound.
Any advice gratefully received.

Set the source of the CV triggers you do not want to send: as “FX”.
Then just use triggless trigs on the FX track. That way the FX track isn’t sending out of the CV.

1 Like

Ooh! I was so close.

Thanks Adam, it’s working a treat.

I sold a nd2 on here a few weeks back before in got my A4. Realised pretty quickly that I’d made a mistake. Found a good deal on a nd1 and now install good. I just really wanted just a kick drum track and this is a treat solution.

Thanks,

Wayne.

Awesome!

As great as the ND2 is, I think the ND1 is a better fit for A4.
You’re not paying for a lot of features you wont’t use (midi CC control, 5th and 6th voices, though you could layer those tracks but it requires tricky CV splitter cables.).
The added synthesis of ND2 is great, but I think thanks to the external input being p-lockable on the FX track, some pan and fx send p-locks breathe new life into the ND1. And since it is mono, you can run it through the cheapest of bass guitar pedals on its way into the A4.

I just wish the midi program changes were more instant from A4. It seems to follow the master pattern length in the scale setup. Kind of a bummer for direct jump if you switch the ND1 kit programs up a lot.

Anyway… Party on, Wayne!

I probably set a record for typos in my last reply… Predicted text for you.

Yeah, I’m happy the the nd1, the nd2 has some cool extras, Eq for one, that I’ll miss but as a cheap source of solid, and easy to dial-in percussion you can’t go wrong for the money.

My plan was to just use it for a kick drum but now I’ve got all four channels playing it would be criminal not to use them. I’ll consider some cheap pedals, not used any before … I usually fear change

Using overbridge with the analog four. I would like to expand my a4 with the norddrum using cv. But does cv work with overbridge?