A4/AK Mk1 prices going down?

This thread is a bummer for those of us on the other side of the world. We don’t see prices nearly this low. And the $NZ fell again today…

If you want you can sample/loop A4 tracks with the OT…
And like @Cosmic says, soundlocks…

I picked up my Ak4 MK1 yesterday (thanks @Scrufftv!) and after playing around with it for a few hours I can tell you that I will not part with this thing in the foreseeable future. And certainly not for cheap!

When the TR8S came out, in Berlin the TR8 was selling for 200€ used…I even saw one go for 180€ on Ebay Kleinanzeigen. Used prices for the TR8 seem now to have recovered to around 300€.

I’d think that as this wave of sell offs of A4 MK1s completes, I don’t see a reason for new (used)owners to sell their A4s for anything less than what they paid for…especially since they are already an outrageous deal / value-for-money.

Again, checking Ebay Kleinanzeigen for Berlin, the A4 seems to settle around 700-750€ now…just a few weeks back you could grab one for 550-650€.

That said, I’m of course grateful for the lovely deal I got on mine and I do feel it’s good vibes to not squeeze every last penny out of the used market, after all this is about making music and in a way we are enabling each other when we sell on gear.

I also want to add that, owning a Digitakt, I can see how the user interface improvements on the MK2s (layout, visibility, immediacy) are desirable and how that alone could lead to a depreciation of Mk1 prices.