A very Elektron album release!

Hey, team Elektronauts!

Pleased to announce that I’ve released an album of live hardware jams, all of which are centred around the Elektron boxes. Most of the boxes are featured: Octatrack MkII, A4MkII, ARMkII, Digitone, Monomachine MkII, Machinedrum MkII, Analog Heat, and maybe more I’m forgetting!

I’ve been posting videos of these tracks on YouTube for a few months and I’ve been really grateful for the responses, suggestions, etc. So putting them all together into a single coherent record was a real pleasure for me.

Please give it a spin when you have some time!

11 Likes

This is awesome! I’ve been really enjoying your YouTube channel too.

1 Like

Great stuff!
Getting strong Orbital (circa Snivilisation) vibes which is definitely a good vibe. Good work.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’ll confess I probably haven’t heard Orbital in twenty years, and I’ve heard the comparison before, so maybe today’s the day for me to do some listening!

1 Like

I’ve also been enjoying the videos on YouTube – great stuff. I’ll definitely give this a listen while at work today. Thanks for sharing and putting this together.

1 Like

Great release! You ever check out Lymbyc Systym? Drum and keys duo. Your melodies have a similar vibe. (R.I.P. Mike Bell :broken_heart:)

I’ve had it on all morning. Congrats on the release!

2 Likes

Shiiieet. I had completely missed the news about Mike’s death. Had to put Shutter Release on immediately. It’s been a while since the last listen. Beautiful stuff and I get the comparison too.

2 Likes

I really like this. Nice strong themes with good build ups. Well done :+1:

1 Like

:beers:

1 Like

Hey, thanks so much, all!

Also, I have never heard Lymbyc Systym, so I’ll give them a spin today, too. Is Shutter Release the right place to start?

A momentary taste of being, love it when that bassline comes in!

1 Like

Coming back after a full listen. I really, really like it! Great energy, clean recording, interesting sounds - going to have to check out your other work too. I enjoyed the retrig/glitchy/stuttery effect you had going on several tracks. I was picturing moving the scene slider on the OT to achieve this. Gotta give that a try…

1 Like

Please check out the videos if you have time! I’ve tried to make it really clear what I’m doing to get a lot of the weird effects, and yeah, a lot of that’s Octatrack, and sometimes the Monomachine.

2 Likes