A synth sound I cannot figure out…

You are amazing thank you so much!

Roger thank you for this, great info!

Yeh garf (&trackerjack) nailed it. Definitely FM and chords. Had same thoughts after I had a closer listen to the Scary Canary.
Regarding your want to get it on the prophet~6, I couldn’t get anything to sound that “soft”. I spent a while making basic FM with the Polymod section (OSC2->OSC1freq), but nothing clicked during my attention span.

If you like FM tones, I’m pretty sure there’s a few patch packs out there. Search YouTube for “Prophet~6 FM sound pack”

1 Like

…u can do that with pretty much any polysynth, played organlike, PLUS some “cheap” rompler ensemble strings topping/doubling that same voicing…

1 Like

Syntorial is an incredible tool for learning how to make sounds. https://www.syntorial.com

1 Like

James thank you so very much for taking the time to experiment with it. I’ve been working doubles the past few days at my job😑, so haven’t really been able to experiment. But tomorrow I’ll have some time, again thank you so much for your help.
All the best,
Erik

1 Like

Interesting, I’ll definitely do some research into that, thank you!

Honesty, this looks fantastic, I may just sign up, thank you!

1 Like

Pretty sure this done entirely using a Yamaha XG workstation/module. What an incredibly addictive track!

1 Like

I’ll have to look into that, thank you!!

1 Like

Man I love me some Kyary pamyu pamyu :ok_hand:t4: