A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

Befaco is also making the “Trolleybus” power supply from the case available separately for €260 assembled or €190 as a kit.

The Befaco 7U Case is 104HP wide and will be available at the end of June for €650 assembled or €550 as a kit

(Gearnews.com)

2 Likes

Wow, it does kinda sound as if they’ve been developing elecromechanical synthesizer components then, and if so that’s really good to hear!

1 Like
5 Likes

Ooh nice! I’ve not seen it before for sure. Although they goofed by putting the 1U row at the top that’s the main issue I have with my performance case - they should have used this as an opportunity to improve that layout rather than just copying the Intellijel cases, IMO. Having it in the middle or even the bottom is far more useful - ideally the rails could have been moved so you could have it wherever you wanted, especially if DIY.

They’re definitely at the cheaper end of the scale, their DIY stuff especially is very affordable and they’re often simple builds. I’d expect this to be cheaper than the Intellijel case.

1 Like

Hm it says available now but I don’t see it anywhere :thinking: Their modules are great.

Can’t imagine it’s cheap mind…

1 Like

At least on the Befaco site it says:

Created with compatibility in mind, the rear panel ports are fully compatible with Intellijel 1U modules. The 1U row can be easily customized to be at the center of the case with just two screws.

Looks like a great case overall! Built in USB power is really helpful - currently using a 1U module for that.

3 Likes

Ah I looked on the website but somehow missed that! In which case that’s a great move :ok_hand:

The VESA mount compatibility is cool too.

Yea same here I use a 1U USB module to power my MIDIHUB, all in all looks like a great case.

2 Likes

Yep, a really great case…

1 Like

I love Befaco and have bought a couple of their kits. But many of the parts have always felt cheap and the kits should probably be a bit cheaper as you are putting in most of the work.

They’re definitely on the lofi end of the boutique makers. Nothing wrong with that.

The price for the cases seems okay.
Power specs look good.
I wonder if the IO boards are Intellijel compatible.

If they’re as durable as the Stealth cases this might look like a very good alternative.

2 Likes

Patch cables in the latest Oberheim Instagram post, huh. It’d be quite something if this ended up being Eurorack SEMs at precisely the moment I’m wanting to buy Eurorack to mimic that functionality :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr0XbesoMOo/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

4 Likes

Haha, they know what they’re doing with that guitar strap.

2 Likes

Two voice or a four voice. Either way I think I’ll get it

Any more news about the Korg Acoustic synth?

I zoomed in on the image.

This looks a rough version, what i might call a proof of concept. I expect / hope they have versions of this in a much more advanced state of development.

I puzzled over the functional nature of this, but i haven’t a clue.

2 Likes

I think we’re probably looking at the finished product right there!

Check-out the bottom plate, it’s all finished off nicely and sort of purposeful, it even has rubber feet attached to it. So if as suspected it is electromechanical, then perhaps they could be going for an open enclosure kind of aesthetic to show-off the electromachanical components.

This could also be the reason they’re showing you the side and not the top, because showing it at any other angle might give the game away if you could see those custom components.

1 Like

is the korg synth a eurorack module or just out of its case?

I think it’s a desktop synth, otherwise I doubt it would have those rubber feet on it and I doubt they would go to those lengths to produce a nice-looking base plate if it was going to be hidden.

I think that’s it and that they’re going for the industrial look.
Also, it makes sense on an electromechanical synthesizer!

SonicState says they are there with a full team. I think that means Gaz too.

That’s quite a financial commitment, but it’s a big show.

3 Likes

So what the heck is an electromechanical synth? Does it mean that one has to operate pedals to provide it with electricity?

2 Likes