A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

Well, they only have 115 other names to choose from, and seem to be sticking to atomic numbers under 30.

2 Likes

The Tiptop ART modules and technology adds one more to the polyphonic Eurorack trend.

Here’s the thread on it :

3 Likes

Alright fams, now where’s that Korg Berlin prototype…

1 Like

I think the Anyma Omega is probably the closest hardware contender at the moment but we’ll have to see how the platform evolves.

I also wasn’t too wowed by the demo but wind controller demos are something that it’d be nice to see more of.

That said if you want to show off something with a wind controller doing volume swells to show dynamic range is probably the easiest thing to wow someone.

Probably a bit tricky though in this sort of environment where you are using a speaker and everyone else is using camera mics with other noise around you.

2 Likes

8 Track Hardware Arranger – Looks dope!

38 Likes
17 Likes

I hate to be ‘that guy’ but I would rather have had a perkons firmware update :-/.

1 Like

im sure i can convince myself that i need this, now that my blackbox doesnt sequence loops/clips anymore. pretty awesome

Fascinating. A dedicated linear arranger in hardware format is a cool idea. As a person who really needs screens and visual feedback, depending on the feature set this could be right up my alley. With the midi IO, presumably can sequence things as well as record audio?

1 Like

Yassss! Can’t wait to read.

1 Like

That looks fucking excellent

4 Likes

Watch, that’s the only video clip I’ve found online. It’s hosted on MusicRadar’s live blog, but it’s set up to auto refresh, so that link seems to be the only way to watch it(on my iPad at least)

1 Like

I love how Tats first thought for practical use was “we can use this in a drum machine”, dudes a proper legend

6 Likes

Man’s a legit genius.

7 Likes

Wow that looks interesting. Kind of thing I imagined Elektron to do someday!

2 Likes

only 8 tracks? sigh

[reading further – 8 audio tracks but can connect to 16 MIDI devices so . . . 16 MIDI tracks one would hope?]

1 Like

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Maybe I can listen in the car on the way to pick up the kids… :laughing:

1 Like

Depends on how they’ve decided to do it. For instance, the Retrokits RK-008 doesn’t bind midi channels to tracks, so you can have multiple midi channels recorded onto a single track.

1 Like

Ughhhh this is the one for me. RIP my savings.

I just wonder if it has an audio input this time. That’s my major gripe with the GR-1.

3 Likes

It has bounce down utility also so guess free up tracks once happy