A Second’s Reduction Of A Lifetime’s Work

Hey team.

I thought I’d share a track I put together the other day, entirely with the Octatrack Mk2.

It’s all ‘live’ (no arrangement; tracks all using plays-free or pickup machines) and was recorded as a one-take performance. I’m really getting ‘into’ using the Octatrack as an instrument as much as a sequencer or stand-alone sampler; it’s made my life as a soloist very interesting.

I hope you enjoy it.

A Second’s Reduction Of A Lifetime’s Work

13 Likes

It’s beautiful!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I like it too.

1 Like

Yeah, great stuff, very atmospheric

1 Like

sounds beautiful. good use of the octatrack.well done

1 Like

Lovely. Makes me think of Daniel Lanois in his finest moments.

1 Like

good, makes me think about …

1 Like

What’s synth did you use or was it done with samples?

1 Like

That’s kind of you; thanks!

It’s all samples, @Kari.

I used the Iconoclast and Avalanche Run to track a few sustained chords into a pickup machine. After that, I used the record buffer for the track to apply extra processing to what had been captured in the pickup.

1 Like

I just gave a listen to your Waves EP, and the rest of your production right after…
And one question popped in my mind : where is your bandcamp ? How can I get you a couple beers ?

1 Like

Really good work i like it a lot…. the Waves are awesome! great music for working environments as a designer i love ambient at this levels. well done

2 Likes

You are very kind; thank you. BandCamp is coming…I need to pull my finger out!

Thank you. I’m really pleased you like it. I’m a designer, too, so I guess I’m making stuff that I like to work to, too :joy:

2 Likes

gorgeous! following you on sc and looking forward to checking out more of your work.

1 Like

Beautiful! Simple and relaxing sound :sunglasses:

1 Like