A Return to the Brushed Metal Aesthetic?

just wondering if other users would enjoy a return to the brushed metal aesthetic of the Machinedrum and Monomachine?

i noticed a gold retrofitting kit for the OT on the net the other day and thought … yeah!
somehow seems more accessible and friendly.
could just be my imagination however.

also i gotta say, the round trig buttons are cool…
but there ain’t nothin’ cooler than round-corner square trigs :smiley:

1 Like

I dream of a shinny purple one…

3 Likes

Loved the metal boxes…

2 Likes

A brushed metal OT would be cool :slight_smile: I’m not brave enough, plus my OT’s still under warranty, but I loved the look of that A4 someone had posted a picture of that was roughly sanded to the bare metal. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I prefer the black finish

3 Likes

@void, I think you’ve got a fan

1 Like

Surely, we should love all Elektron machines, regardless of the colour of their face?
:innocent:

2 Likes

Yes black looks dope and i want to convert the MD to the darkside but looking at my silverbox is cool as hell!!! i think both flavors are the real thing. honestly i see a nasa octatrack and i dont like it at all same 4 this yellow one.
suicidal tendences

+1

My favorite looking Elektron machine was the MKI Monomachine. Bought it on accident from eBay. That awkwardly big box has never left my heart. Messing around with it just felt so cool for some reason

Edit: ended up returning it, because I wanted the extra functionality of the MKII

1 Like

Yes you are right. Racism will not be tolerated

1 Like

yes the anodised black does take advantage of the nature of the medium. extremely attractive i admit. just got to thinking though, after i noticed the gold retrofit lol. it is actually a thing, people can buy it for 175 dollars

hilarious :smiley:

1 Like

matte black finish in dark rooms = maximum LED effect

its good when all devices blend into the negative space…

1 Like

when the first of the dark trinity arrived, i loved the Octatrack’s look-and-feel fervently. still do as it happens.

i guess the brushed-metal fixation is just the relief of having become reacquainted with a Machinedrum after more than a year of no elektron gear whatsoever… brought a ray of light into my home.

I prefer all myo equipment black for some reason. Looks the least toylike to my eyes or something :diddly:

What I love about elektron gear (until AH at least) is the very good contrasting colour schemes of the cases and all the UI elements. Black on black is not easy to use in the dark.

the black monomachine is lovely :heart_eyes:

to quote a famous AC/DC song…

8 Likes

The silver looks more “expensive” to my eye and a bit more like a computer, which I do find kind of appealing. The silver faceplates probably are a lot more expensive to make, judging by the complexity of the machining. The rounded square button holes are more work to machine than the simple round holes on the dark trinity, plus the small surface grooves dividing the various sections.

That gold Octatrack… :sad:

1 Like

i like silver better, matches my eurorack :joy: j/k

yea it doesn’t really matter much, i do feel as the silver/metallic finish is more durable though. The black finish on the newer machines get worn out pretty fast around high usage areas and become shiny/lose their matte finish.

The first batches of octatracks had a noticeably better finish that was porous and a bit rough to touch but felt durable and very robust compared to my A4.