A Ranking of synth keybed feel?

I own the Studiologic Acuna 73 which afaik also has the same TP100 keybed. I only use it for piano sounds usually and it does give you a better feel and somehow I believe also sounds better. Maybe because of the better velocity responsiveness (using Roland Integra or Zencore). But on the other hand playing e.g. Logics Alchemy or other synths with it feels kinda “exquisite”… :slight_smile:

The keybed is pretty hard and I my hands get tired much faster when using the TP100. I do not use aftertouch very often so I cannot comment on that.

I owned a Nord Electro 5 some time ago and absolutely disliked the waterfall Fatar keybed in it. Many people love it…Did not like the plastic feel and it is also on the heavier side and I also did not like the sound the springs make. But of course that is my personal opinion which makes it so hard to comment on a keybed feel.

Question is what sounds you want to play and if moving from a PCR 300 to hammer action is what you need or if a good semi weighted keybed might do the job. My favourite is the TP8, e.g. inside the Virus 61 key models. There are also 73 or 76 versions available.

Also regarding Display the Acuna has a small 32 character LED, maybe you can find one somewhere…

2 Likes

AK has one of my favorite keybeds ever, and I’ve owned dozens.

1 Like

Kurzweil K2000 had a really good keybed, would rank it higher than the Prophet X and AK.