A question about Note trigs + Trigless locks

So, I’m having an issue here, and maybe I’m just correct in assuming it cannot be done, but here is what I’m trying to do…

Lay down some note trigs…bing bang boom…

Then FUNC+TRIG on top of a note trig to add a trigless lock (correct term? the yellow one…)
But it then causes my note trig to disappear? But I know when doing real time recording , both of these seem to exist on top of one another. Am I doing something wrong here? Basically what I want to do is, have the note trig every time the sequencer hits it, but for x% of time (for the trigless lock) I want it to change the note to a different one.

Possible? Not possible?

Thanks in advance

Use two note trigs with different notes (normal trigs), microtime the second one all to the left (or the first one all to the right) so they are as close as possible and apply trig conditions to both, for example 1:2 for the first note, 2:2 for the second note.
In this example the seq will first play note one, then note two, then note one again and so forth.

Note trigs and lock trigs can’t coexist on the same step. Both can do p-locks, though ofc.
In live recording mode tweaking a parameter just fills all trigs between note trigs with trigless locks.

2 Likes

What is the interest to write a trigless over the same step ?
Why don’t you just turn te parameters you want to lock ?

Did you really have yellow trig leds on analog four mk1 ?

Ahhh ok this explains it then! I never knew that is how motions are recorded in live recording mode. Your work around seems perfect, so thank you!

Apologies if I wasn’t clear, but this is on the A4 MK2 (regarding the above comment by Chancla…)

1 Like

Due to the nature of this workaround, depending on the type of sound you use, the arrangement in general and the tempo it might become obvious, that both notes are not actually on the same step. So far it always did the job for me, though I usually use this technique with pad or lead sounds.

The microtiming workaround should be good for most cases, though.

1 Like