A Hardware Randomizer

It’s says coming soon on the website, sign up to the mailing list

I’m interested in getting one myself

Cheers just signed up. I’ve asked him for more details on the random generator as well.

@fjl on the other thread already received one a couple of weeks ago

I sort of agree/disagree with you here… it totally can get into the realm of unusable noises but then depending on your tastes maybe that’s what you need! But for more traditional uses I do think it can do a good job but you need to be quite deliberate about what midi CCs you are modulating and then also about picking ranges that are sensible to parameters that your operating with…

I’ve still to find time to dig into mine so I don’t know if it is possible to map a CC LFO to a midi note number and then use a pitch quantiser… that could be quite interesting to explore once I find some time.

There are things like TB Midi Stuff on iOS where you could build a control surface that would randomise any midi aspect of a synth, I remember @rotallytuined built quite a nice randomiser for the Nord Drum 2 but can’t find the thread here… Maybe the Nord forum?
Just a thought if you have an iPad :+1:

Edit for link
https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-drum-forum-f27/ios-randomiser-editor-for-nord-drum-2-t11364.html

I use a Pyramid for almost all my sequencing, all my music is generative. It’s a lot more intuitive than it looks, but there’s a lot of finger-stretching trying to reach alt-menus. Once you get into the workflow, it’s really fast.