- Is it possible to introduce a delay (around 100ms) between a hardware input and a pickup machine ?
- Can a pickup machine be “armed” and start recording when the signal goes above a threshold ?
- Can you, by default, shift the playing start point of the recorded buffer with the same delay as in question 1. ?
To be clear, here’s the workflow I’m trying to achieve (I do it currently with Max/MSP) :
- hit “arm”
- make a sound through a microphone
- it detects the hit so it records for 2 seconds
- I’m then able to manually adjust the start time, including going before the moment the hit was detected (thus the delay between the input and the recorder).
This would have to be super fast, since I’d probably make this hundreds of times during a performance.