Blank

this forum is ridiculous.

9 Likes

Is massey still involved?

it’s allllll massey :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I prefer their early work but they do lots of interesting sounding things (weird time signatures , scales etc )

It’s Massey & Andy Barker as it has been for the last 30 odd years, Partington left a few years ago after being jailed for selling drugs, news at 8pm.

I saw them live in 1990 ish , used to listen to their show on sunset radio / key 103 … they made a lot of weird / odd slogan catchphrase that were fun. Their shows are available on their websites.
It probably where I 1st heard lfo, fsol , orbital , prodigy , njoy, lots of classic rave / house / techno / jungle. .
I think there was 4 of them at the time , but yes it’s only 2 right now.

I saw cab Voltaire at hacienda , I think a guy called Gerald was support (or it might’ve been primal scream he supported )

Gerald used to be part of 808

Ah. Never knew mate cheers

Can’t stand Massey, met him in the early 90’s after Price and Simpson had left the band, and he was a total arrogant prick, Barker and Partington were pretty cool though, rather more laid back and friendly.

After Simpson left though I never really liked most 808State music after, Cubik was one of the very few exceptions. Newbuild was by far the best thing they ever did and you can hear Simpson all over it. I also liked some of Simpsons post 808State stuff but then he went DnB/Jungle and I totally lost interest.

1 Like

The new track was quite like their early stuff , 808,101,303 …
I think it’s still available on YouTube , from what I gather they played 1 track called Tokyo .

Edit -link above still works.

What a track to come back with, loved it !!!

Last time I saw them was at Keele University in 93, Moby was support, I agree Newbuild is great and Quadrastate and 90. 90 was the first dance album I ever bought. They went a bit off after that, although they did introduce us to Björk !!!

What about this record! A classic if you ask me.

3 Likes

Some classic 808 state

Afx remix

1 Like

The new track Tokyo Tokyo

Awe thanks for posting! I missed it. :+1:t5:

AWE :frowning: its gone, I guess no one recorded it.

Them’s some classics…but, how bout’ THESE!

and this stuff for those that dont know bout’ it :wink:
https://www.808state.com/sounds/index.htm

check the following…

• Box O Cream
  • YoYo (long organs)
  • Twilight Edit
  • Relay95
  • Bartong Bridge
  • Revenge of the Iceman
  • Let Yusuf Go

LOTS on that page…YOU CAN DL!

Ah, they don’t name 'em like they used to! :laughing:

Same Lp… Excellent.

I really love 808 state’s early work.
Their music really inspired me to make music. Same for LFO. Such a shame Mark Bell passed away a couple of years ago. I was on the belgium Festival Dour in 2013, unfortunately because of technical problems he did not perform.
A year later he did… but I was not there… that same year he passed away, such a shame, way too early, such a great artist.

1 Like

The new track is amazing, and very much capture the essence of a good jam.