808 rimshot for Digitone?

Has anyone created any 808 sounds for DN yet or know where I might find some? I am looking for the rimshot specifically, so any tips for recreating it would be appreciated as well.

Have you checked out this free pack made by @Ess ?

If it’s not in there, then surely there will be a great starting point

2 Likes

Yes - there are some great sounds in there! Some nice 808 style BD and SD avail.

I was actually thinking it would be a fun exercise to try and make the 909 set on Digitone.

3 Likes

Great idea, John - pls post a link here if u do

1 Like

On DN for 808 RS I’d start using alg 7, C and A at 13, B both at 4, harm, dtun, fdbk to taste, xy mix centre, env A and B both 0 attack, and 0 end, decay between 6 and 20 for both, again to taste, level for each between 30-127, filter not needed but can be handy, amp env 0 attack, decay between 4-7, 0 sustain, 0 release.

That should get you in the ballpark, let us know how it goes.

Edit: Just noticed this is quite an old thread, anyway the 808 RS is basically 2 damped sine waves with a ratio of around 3.66 (1167hz and 455hz specifically) since the DN does not have fine fractional frequency control the values suggested above should be a fairly good starting point, as mentioned experimenting with the harmonics, detune, feedback and syn2 envelopes and levels should allow a fairly accurate emulation to be dialled in.

5 Likes

Ok had a quick try, algo 8 was actually better than 7 (FM eh?) anyway here are the parameter settings I used, sounds probably as close as I can be bothered to get right now (pretty close though IMHO) obviously the tuning isn’t exact but hey ho.

I think I will eventually do a drum bank for Digitone as I have always loved FM drums.

9 Likes

Sounds like:

8 Likes

Sounds close enough to me. Well done. :+1:

Oh Yes a DRUMA FM Sound Pack would be very cool indeed :wink:

1 Like