808 pack for AR

Well I was mistaken that this was going to be an analog sound pack, like some of the other ones. I was kind of bummed out to find that it’s all samples and as well kind of bummed out when I heard the 808 kick. Sounds uber lame if you ask me.

I know there’s endless threads about the AR and how to make a decent sounding 808 kick, but I didn’t find any clear cut instructions. I’m not really good at sound design. I think some of the stock kicks can pretty much nail a 909, but wondering why they did not include analog presets for sounds, rather than samples? Is it because it’s not really possible to get a decent 808 kick with the existing analog engine?

Have you checked this out?

You’re not a fan of Goldbaby?

2 Likes

Not sure who goldbaby is. I got into this stuff too late. Link is not working to valer records for some reason.

A world renowned samplist, and recorder of synths and drum machines. Servicing several well known artists.

It’s a thread with 95 posts. Try scrolling down toward the bottom, more recent posts for a functional link. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah got it, don’t even have to pay for it?

1 Like

Not anymore!

1 Like

Also check out Samples from Mars. Excellent quality samples and lot of different packs.

He also often runs a campaign on the “Complete sample collection”.

Yeah I have all of them. Just wanted to see how accurate a true analog recreation of the 808 was. I have enough 808 samples. A lot are really close. Just that Analog vs. Sample thing in my head. Anyhow, thanks for the info guys.

The latest samples from mars RESAMPLE of the 808 does sound really good, as they suggest.

If I’m not mistaken (as I’m newly an 808 Junkie-last 3 yrs), this new pack was done last year. They redid it because the latest 808 they got blew their minds:).

Also, have you heard the 808s in the TAL sampler plugin (if you use a daw at all)? Holy crap amazing if you’re looking to lofi 808s. There are 808s in the hollowsun samples that import into the TAL.

2 Likes

I use the 808 pure analog synthesized pack in my rytm in every track. just the kick. I’m pretty happy with it. I’ll layer it with the BD track. Get really good, punchy results that way. This has even killed my GAS for a 808 and 909 combo.

and its free…

1 Like

The AR808 is still excellent, but now that I have an RD-8 aswell, I feel that the hihats on the AR808 dont really get to the ballpark. RD-8 hats arent 100% spot on either but much closer.