7 × OS Update

1.35 is the latest. You will lose overbridge if you upgrade. That is in the release notes. Unfortunately you cannot have both transfer and overbridge functionality on the rytm mki currently.

Latest is “Analog Rytm MKI OS 1.45” ;D
edit:

1.2 SUPPORTED ELEKTRON DEVICES
Analog Rytm MKI running OS 1.35 or higher

Bah sorry rytm.

Edit: Still don’t think you can use transfer unless you are on the latest.

Well, 1.35 is mentioned in manual: https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Transfer-User-Manual_ENG-1.pdf

Yes but transfer support for the rytm mki was not added until 1.45 the latest firmware. It’s in the first post of the thread.

1.45 is on their site

Ah, i didn’t read thread, just manual. So i don’t feel guilty about it ;D
Well… So 1.45 then, bye overbridge.

Is OB support planned for AR mki? I am looking at a used mki and I want to manage my expectations properly if I buy it.

Ar mki has overbridge 1 support as long as you are on an older firmware. It will also be getting overbridge 2 when it is released.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

Hi fellas,

I just need a precision about the 1.45 os update on RYTM (mk1). Could you tell me if when i upgrade my Rhythm from 1.31 to 1.45 os, all my projects will be erase?
I’am asking because Elektron said “if you want to downgrade later, your projects have to be saved” something like this. So I am wondering :

• Why should someone want to downgrade his electron?
  • More important : if I just make the upgrade, 1.31 to 1.45, will my projects be erased :’(?
    I would say no of course but I wanted to double tchek with you !
    Thank you in advance!
    Clément

there are loads of reasons to downgrade - compatibility / bugs etc

you need to back up at this stage because if you do decide to downgrade - you will need those backups to replace any projects you worked on with the new OS and you won’t be able to use any new projects you created in the new OS until you get back to that OS(or later) in the future

your projects won’t be erased, but you’ll be backing them up anyway because you should - you never know what might happen (power cut during upgrade might brick the machine etc)

I’ll merge this post in an appropriate thread