50 Buchla Music Easel Jams

Man are these great. Fantastic collection to just put on and let roll. 10 Kids Kinda Day takes me to a place close to where BoC gets me, without being a slavish imitation.

My favorite remains Iron White, but I’m still not halfway through the alphabet yet. :smirk:

This will keep me going till your year 2 collection is ready, and I’m already looking forward. Glad you’re in a good place brother :thup:

2 Likes

Amazing sounds and performance, super inspiring!

1 Like

Hey Raimund, nice seeing you here as well, thanks for reaching out! How’s your Octatrack’n doing? And yes get to making some sound!!! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Dub!!! My 1st Elektron User buddy, we need a real hang ASAP

Let’s organize a jam

Thanks for taking the time to comment and check out these jams :blush::v::blue_heart::green_heart::orange_heart:

2 Likes

Thank You Donovan :raised_hands:

I’ll be honest, I don’t think the Buchla can sound bad and thanks to the Octatrack for being the dynamic performance sampler that it is… best combo I’ve got to use in years

:blue_heart::green_heart::orange_heart::purple_heart::v:

2 Likes

You’re welcome… and creating evocative sounds are one thing, but being able to put them together is such a cohesive way takes artistry.
What fx units are used on these recordings if I may ask?

1 Like

Too Kind :+1:

I used a Bug Brand Pt Delay, H9, a Tomkat Cloudy and of course all the tricked fx combos inside the Octatrack

2 Likes

How is your “mastering” Workflow? Did you just record your Octatrack-performance to 2 Track (on DAW or HD-Recorder?) and are any mastering effects involved?

2 Likes

I was also thinking of asking the same question! I’m curious about the audio routing, mixing, mastering.

1 Like

My work flow is is fairly simple:
Buchla > Fx > Octatrack (fx/looping/sequencing) > Zoom/iPad (2 track recording)

Mastering effects: EQ and Limiting

Any suggestions for me after listening?

@cold_fashioned

2 Likes

Ride. It’s all about Ride. Granted, I’ve enjoyed all of these compositions. This makes me want to practice my jamming, and streamline the setup to make it easy to just hit record.

2 Likes

@cold_fashioned
ThankYou and Do it!!!

1 Like

@Lampeo it sounds just fantastic. Now I feel like I want to have one too!

upd.
I found this thread just by googling Easel jams and stuff, already having strong feeling that I want to buy one. And so I have to say your recordings made me order one of the new Easel Commands hahaha. Finally selling leftovers of Eurorack :smiley:

1 Like

Ha!

That is great news all around :raised_hands:

Please send some sounds & patches my way once you some jams together :+1:
@mj12

Finally got the chance to listen to this great album, did it in three sessions as I was limited by external factors that cropped my enjoyment!

Can really hear the fun you had in these tracks, found myself thinking of Syzygy’s Morphic Resonance album with your washes and motifs that flutter over the ears, top work.
Also Andrea Taeggi sprang to mind with some of the noisier percussive elements, love those scratchy hits full of life and the raw power in the machine.
Too many highlights but off the top of my head, 5 Accent Feels really kicks off with the meditative hypnotic pulsing, pure pleasure on the earballs.
Buchla Aux Card, Krell 1 (you can never quell the Krell), Cello Eyes Done, too many man! Also I have no idea how you switched the machines off when you had Train Thang going, that is funky as tihs… the percussion is just gorgeous on that monster!
Well done man, look forward to more, and listening inspired me with a new genre, I call it ‘Skwonky-quonk’ :+1:

1 Like