32nd notes in Midi Sequencer

Hey guys, what is the normal or preferred method to achieve 32nd notes using the OT midi sequencer? I’d like to have some ratcheting in my sequences but not sure how to do so aside from change individual sequences to run at 32nd notes. Is this the best method? There usually isn’t a ‘best’ method though :yum:

You could trigger the arp at a certain point, probably set it to repeat the same note?

2 Likes

I had heard about people using the arp but I didn’t understand how but now I get it I think, will give it a try and see how it goes, thank you!

For a ratcheting effect you need to press a trig and the ‘up’ button. Same way you access conditional trigs.
Here you can effect change in how many times the sample is triggered. This works similarly to ‘retrigger’ in the playback menu - but in this case x number of retrigs occur within the space of time of one regular trigger - just like ratcheting.

2 Likes

I think scale x2 for 32nd is faster to edit, arp speed can be modulated, trig counts* can be faster (1/128th at 8 counts).

You can use them all, correct me if I’m wrong but scale x2 makes arp and trig counts twice faster.
Edit : I confirm for trig counts, 1/256th so.

*Trig + left / right arrow > up / down arrow modify trig counts.

3 Likes

Maybe if you set everything on max all those re-trigger will oscillate enough…:thinking: would be so awesome but probably block all other Midi data out.

1 Like