30 hipass cut with the heat

Do you guys know how to make a 30Hz cut with the heat. purpose is too clean the mud live in the lower registers on the master. Mostly done by my modular. I don´t quite get the information from the manual. The values are all 0-127. Maybe with the LP4 filter ?A bit scared too cut too much.

Why don’t you trust your ears?
I don’t think I have seen any correspondence table between filter cutoff values and frequency domain on this forum.
Time to do it, if you can :slight_smile:

4 Likes

all you need is a spectrum analyzer and some noise to figure out what values correspond to what frequency. I usually just adjust cutoffs by ear myself.

1 Like

Or just buy the shakmat Hipass module, it does wonders, 2hp. You get two additional fixed hipass at 100 to run other stuff through.

It really helps to clean a mix, then the Heat can work on more interesting things !

I know the module. But I mix not in the rack. All different modular voice + other non modular gear goes into a mackie.

1 Like

Good idea ! Thanks !

Oh ! Makes sense then.

I am still practicing mixing and sometimes its good and sometimes muddy and I try to eliminate all factors that can lend to this. At so low frequencies I am not sure if its too much cut or not or something different is wrong in the mix. If I would be sure : yes, this is a 30hz cut and its still muddy I would know to check other things. But yeah you are right. Need to practice my ears more.

1 Like

30.87 Hz corresponds to a B0. I’d Play a B0 with a sine, use peak or bandpass with mid/high resonance to find the frequency.

8 Likes

Smart one, buddy.

1 Like

Ears. I’m using it the same and it’s content dependent. Sampling a lot of vinyl and the sweetspot is btwn 2-4. Resonance has a big part to play, easy to overdo. A smidge.

The most difficult is to find the right B!
Usually 3 possibilities depending on manufacturers.
This B0 is for middle C=C4, A4=440Hz
https://pages.mtu.edu/~suits/notefreqs.html

I usually use that method because I don’t want to turn on a computer.

1 Like

has anyone figured this out in the meantine?
Or is there a correspondence table out yet?

Would as well really love to bring the Heat to gigs and cut the low freq rumble a bit.