Dave Mech new liveset online! 2xDigitakt, Digitone, AH, Xone db4

Nice mix. Cool setup!
My studio is a sprawling mess.

1 Like

@DaveMech That is sick!
Come to Barcelona (you could sample the city).

1 Like

Thank you! The case is called: Gorilla case gc-ldjc

Would love to!! Who knows in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have a more recent set online right here by the way :

Dave Mech Liveset @ Patterns Festival 2018 (full liveset)

And if you want to see an interview + live veatream, I’ll be dong a livestream for Allen&Heath on the 19th of October at 12 noon (gmt+1). Keep an eye on the Xone DJ page on Facebook. :slight_smile:

I’m moving to london after the holidays and have been selling some gear so I can get a dj mixer as my hub, principally because I like blending and filters though I don’t make club music. Looking at db4 or xone 92/96 but curious also about the model 1. It’s expensive but I like the filter /eq arrangement and the six channels, seems like a lot of potential for evolving soundscapes with rhythms and weirdness which I suppose is my thing. Interested in opinions on these mixers.

1 Like

Model one is gorgeous (I know squat about dj mixers tho)

It seems the makers went all in to build a unique musical instrument derived from a Dj mixer. As for the cost, I’ve spent around the same on computers which lasted a few years so if it’s all analogue with the flexibility to host sequencers synths samplers etc it might be what I’m looking for as a long term investment. My workflow these last couple of years is OTB with live improvisation into a zed14 with some overdubs so all I’m really doing is pimping the mixer through the roof, already content with workflow. Multi tracking led me down too many rabbit holes!

1 Like

Really liking the vibe here!
Nice work. I love the simplicity of the gear and the sound achieved. I also love the pace of it. I have been looking for some good techno at this bpm. Is it about 130 ish?

Thank you! I think either 130 or 132 in this video yeah.

I have a newer set only where I took things further: Dave Mech Livesets (A&H Xone set online) that set is at 134bpm

@Francis model1 looks amazing yeah. Super high quality mixer. For now I prefer db4 for the wayI work but for studio use model 1 could be a great addition for you indeed .

1 Like

The db4, model 1 and 92/96 are in the mix. I have time to research and this has led me down the rotary rabbit hole. It goes deep. Adding mastersound, Bozak and rane mp 2015 to the list…i like how you use the db4 and am kind of interested in the loopers if they lose sync with each other in a musical way. I tend to make a mess anyway.

1 Like

I don’t believe there will be a difference in sound between Rotary and model 1 just because of a rotary not having faders. But I tend to not believe in overly hyped sound quality things so take that for what it is :wink:

The Loopers are rock steady in terms of keeping bpm sync. The db4 cannot be synced via midi (it doesn’t have midi in). I lock the bpm manually in the settings and adjust it live as I move up in bpm. I’ve tested looping an input on the db4 and leaving a digitakt play. After 20 minuted they were still perfectly in sync :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi fellow Elektronauts,

In this topic I’ll be posting my livesets.

Live Perfomance @ ADE for Allen&Heath Xone

Thursday the 20th of December I’ll be premiering this live performance + interview. The youtube watch page is already up and running, so you can set a reminder if you’d like so you won’t miss it. During the premiere you can chat with me live and ask me questions. Check it out here:

https://youtu.be/PAYqMsBtq6M

Live perfomance @ Patterns Festival 2018:

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/davemech/dave-mech-live-patterns-festival-2018
Teaser video: https://youtu.be/o5R_dAbguCs

Hope you enjoy these sets! Let me know your thoughts in the comments, curious to hear what you think.

27 Likes

If you prefer mixcloud, I’ve just uploaded it there as well:

5 Likes

Very nice! :slight_smile: My subs think the beginning might have been a teensy too bass-heavy.

1 Like

Thanks!
Yeah your sub is right. Overall the sound was a bit bass heavy to be honest. Since I redid the studio (building proper bass absorbers and all) I refined the sound immensely. So future livesets will sound a lot better :slight_smile:
On going process really.

2 Likes

Live Perfomance @ ADE for Allen&Heath Xone

Thursday the 20th of December I’ll be premiering this live performance + interview. The youtube watch page is already up and running, so you can set a reminder if you’d like so you won’t miss it. During the premiere you can chat with me live and ask me questions. Check it out here:

9 Likes

This evening at 20:00 I’ll be chatting live during the premiere of this video. Ask me anything :slight_smile:

1 Like

do you need to have a youtube account to have a chat or ask a question?

1 Like

Yeap. If you have a google account (gmail for instance), you can login :slight_smile: Don’t need a seperate youtube account.