2019 - project(s) forecast? Music, skills, DIY,

For 2019 I have 2 goals that have to do with stuff I want to share here on Elektronauts:

• Learning how to solder (+ get good enough to take on a medium to big project on my own).
  • Making a sample pack, minimum 1 as a test case.

Who’s doing what in 2019?

10 Likes

Finishing off building the TTSH ARP 2600 clone. ( Just need to fix the reverb tank).
Continue building the Deckards Dream poly synth clone of the CS80.
Record with my band this year + potentially tour again.
Learn my Elektron machines properly (Octatrack MK2 , Rytm MK2 , Heat MK1 )
Start doing my first Video art with the LZX Vidiot and Tacyons+ Psychenizer .
Get better with my Make Noise B+G System Plus
Record and perform live for the first time with Eurorack.
Create a live setup for solo and band work.

AKA. A lot to do this year!

4 Likes

Working on second EP release + gearing up for first live show, hopefully before end of year.

3 Likes

I’ll be doing my first solo set on my OT Jan 2 and am producing a record for an Americana artist in January, so things are off to a good start! Two other record projects are slated for this year for sure. Mixing a live record for one artist and producing a record for one of my bands. Another one of my bands will start writing/recording a record this year, but I doubt we’ll finish it by the end of 2019. I also wanted to do a solo electronic record this year, but that may or may not happen.
Other than that, I’d really like to get more fluent on my Octatrack as well as getting better at synthesis

4 Likes

Main goal is to put together enough material to start doing gigs. I’m going to try to do it without buying any more gear…:disappointed_relieved:

8 Likes

Good luck with that!
Seriously though, I agree. I’m more interested in really learning my OT than adding more stuff, although I do plan on getting an A4mk2 and possibly one other synth this year. Peak or Rev2 currently tugging at me a bit. I don’t feel like that’s too much since the only hardware synth I have is an 0 Coast

3 Likes

I’m having similar thoughts, @Fin25. Let me know if you want to play in the US. Maybe we can work something out.

@Snipecatcher, do you play on the east coast?

My plan is simple: do more art.

4 Likes

Thanks @konputa, I’ll keep that in mind should I ever find myself and my sampler in the US.

2 Likes

That’s a solid plan, more art!

My sort of ‘day job’ band does mostly the mid west and west, but we tour all over, so you never know. I mostly play upright bass with them. Classic country and rockabilly kinda stuff. They are completely dumbfounded by my love of electronic music :slight_smile:

5 Likes

2019 goals -

1. Fix my MPC’s
  2. Sell a few items
  3. Start making videos
  4. Finish album
4 Likes

Some things I’ve been thinking about:

• Create my own MIDI-controlled electromechanical percussion instrument (like a poor person’s Polyend Perc but with more channels), and learn more about Arduino in general
  • Learn more about Max and develop my own synthesis engines, sequencers etc. Also considering doing something similar with a ‘traditional’ programming language or two
  • Continue on my sound design journey by offering more sample / preset packs on my Gumroad site
  • Attempt to push my music and sound design for short film / indie game soundtracks; I stopped trying years ago after some bad criticism left me a bit burned out on trying to make soundtrack pieces, so I need to get back on my feet
  • More content for my Youtube channel
  • Reduce hours at my current job so I can handle all of this and/or study something sound related at uni

Yeah, it’s a lot, but I’ve only just realised that a few of these things are necessary to my personal/career development and/or sanity.

3 Likes

My goals for 2019:

• Learning my Elektron gear better
  • Making more videos for my YouTube channel
  • Picking up music lessons again (piano, guitar, and possibly voice)

I would love to say that I’m not going to make any new purchase in 2019, but I already know I’m not going to be able to stick to that, especially since several of my favorite online stores offer payment plans, anywhere from 3 payments to 12 payments.

The G.A.S. will continue. Happy New Year! :wink:

3 Likes

Give my gear a permanent home in my basement studio which is a dump at the moment. Finally finish a few tracks.

4 Likes

2019:

• finally send my OT in for repair (been holding off as long as possible but digitakt will cover the basics while its gone)
  • make a sound pack out of my 6u of modular
  • sample more with the DT/OT using vst instruments and other plugins
  • save up to buy a nice DJ mixer/controller
  • practice more with the roli seaboard
2 Likes

Following stuff is on my list:

• Re-build/structure my studio
  • Make some jingle and background tracks for my wife‘s facebook/youtube channel
  • Extend my double stand of fractionindustries with some 3D prints to enable easy switch of elektron boxes
  • Experiment recent purchases within workflow, e.g. pisound, ipad apps, op-z, studio one
  • Reading, learning, applying…
1 Like

I’m going to start using bullet points in my posts…

• :monkey:

• :banana:

• :sparkles:

• :smile:

18 Likes

2019 goals:

• finish co-op project with my buddy.
  • finish at least two solo ep’s.
  • get started on the animation shorts project.
  • get started on a music video.

That’s about it. 2018 has been a bit slow for me music wise, but hoping for a better 2019.

1 Like

Learn Blender and get much better with After FX.

2 Likes

personal musical goals for 2019:

• progress on the guitar (improve fluency, spontaneity and diversity of my playing)
  • spend more time with my new OT
  • play at least one completely improved gig with my elektron boxes (dt, a4, ot)
  • resist buying evermore gear
2 Likes

• Dedicate time to learn the MPC Live and (incoming) Digitone. And actually make music, instead of procrastinating.
• Get fit, get a Job and try to get my depression and anxiety under control.
• Be a better husband and human being.
• Defeat GAS.

6 Likes