1st conditional trigger question

I am having trouble figuring out why conditional trigger 1st doesn’t work as intended when using more than 1 synth track. I made an inf release patch (basically a drone), that does play endlessly, but only when there are no other note triggers on other synth tracks. As soon as I enter a note on some other patch, my drone synth plays for one page and then fades out, only to never be retriggered ever again…I basically want a neverending, evolving patch on one track and add to that sound with other tracks.

Welcome to the forum! Is it something to do with using up all 8 voices, which cuts the drone track? You can always lock the required number of voices for the drone track to prevent voice stealing. Go to the Voices menu (the Lips icon) to do this. Also, try using infinite Note Length on the Trig page.

Also, this thread might help:

2 Likes

This clearly shows that the 1st trigger condition does work as intended.

Trigger conditions only influence if a trigger gets executed or not. They won’t change the sound itself.

2 Likes

i have chosen my words poorly my dear. of course, it should not be retriggered, what i meant was that it does not sustain the drone.

the tip with endless note from the forum topic link did the trick. thanks craig.

3 Likes