1991 for Analog Keys & Four

This great Sound Pack from (d) a.k.a. "glitched" drags the past into today with loads of sounds oozing that distinct retro vibe. Smooth and rounded pads, thick and warm basses, leads with tons of presence, and a good sprinkle of colorful FX sounds. A Sound Pack filled with extremely useful sounds that will fit perfect to almost any music style. 128 patches featuring pads, basses, sfx, drums etc. Purchase at [Elektron.se](https://www.elektron.se/soundpacks/1991/) Check out (d) a.k.a. "glitched" at [Glitched.org](http://glitched.org)
8 Likes

Added to the Definitive List ! I just see that on Elektron Facebook :wink:

1 Like

OH snap. Might as well get an elektron tee while Iā€™m at it

1 Like

been looking forward to this one!
Well done @glitched !

Keep i mind, they run about 1 size small for us 'mericans.

Iā€™m a marathon runner so I wear a French Medium anyways. I think Iā€™ll be good bro. Thanks for the info

2 Likes

Thanks, guys! It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed every minute of it.
Keep in mind that these sounds are highly expressive and really thrive with modulation of breath, aftertouch, velocity, and pitch-bend. If you have an AK, all the better, but thereā€™s so much you can do with just an A4 and a MIDI keyboard (or just the A4)!

2 Likes

I always say that to user of the A4ā€¦ expression is where the sound isā€¦ you miss too much if you donā€™t use modulation, breath, aftertouch, velocity, pitch-bend, channel pressure to judge how a synth soundingā€¦ and then they sold their A4 :joy:

3 Likes

Hi guys.

I bought this earlier today, sounds great.

I have found that all of the melodic sounds Iā€™ve tried so far (Iā€™m up to around 20 or so) are out of tune. Iā€™ve checked through all the settings - I noticed that between the tuning and the fine settings on both oscs, they are not at defaults, and not relatively tuned to standard tuning, the sound are always slightly out of tune. (in relation to my other gear, including guitars (in tune!)

Has anyone else experienced this?

I will try to load them into the Akeys again when I am back in the studio later today and see if that makes a difference, maybe they got corrupted during the transfer, but I donā€™t fancy having to change the tuning each time or resaving all the sounds. I guess itā€™s probably user error somehow on my part as I wouldnā€™t expect a sound pack to be released in this manner.

Cheers

Oh yeah, theyā€™re definitely not ā€œtunedā€ to any particular key or anything. Thereā€™s no ā€œdefaultā€ pitch setting for the oscs. The sounds are entities unto their own; to have standardized pitch-settings across all of the sounds would limit the sound-design process. For instance, thereā€™s lots of FM and cross-modulation style sounds that donā€™t sound the same if, say, VCO1 was locked to middle ā€œC.ā€

Assuming I understand what youā€™re saying, thereā€™s nothing wrong with your .syx file.

7 Likes

OK, thanks for the reply.

Iā€™m impressed with the pack. Some fantastic sounds in there.

I can jam along with a lot of the presetā€™s ā€œtuningsā€ with my other gear as they are ā€œrelativityā€ in tune (kind of like I am transposing in real time), but some of the sounds are ā€œin betweenā€ tones so Iā€™d definitely have to tune them to make them work in the context of a song*.

• Excuse my incorrect musical terminology :slight_smile:
1 Like

this is a really powerfull pack of raw and creative sounds, no fillers, really inspiring for new tracks. Excellent Job!

4 Likes

Damn, those are some nice demos. Makes me wish I still had my A4. :hushed:

First of all: This is probably the best patch library Iā€™ve uploaded to my Analog Keys. Congratulations, they are really a bang for the buck.

Also thanks for clearing up the non-standard pitch setting situation. Still, for my setup itā€™s not very convenient - if you start jamming in a live situation and someone shouts ā€œe-Minorā€, you donā€˜t want to translate the 1991 set to a different tuning and play an Bb scale.

Do you think it would be possible to adjust the patches that can be tuned to a ā€œstandardā€ tuning and push the ā€œspecial onesā€ with a different tuning (like you explained with FM-use) to the back of the set?

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Thanks, yā€™all! I had a blast making these sounds. The A4 is the most flexible analog-synth in existence! Itā€™s almost like modular in many ways.

Anyway, @analoc :

Might I recommend this course of action:
Go through your favorite ā€œout of tuneā€ patches, adjust to a normalized key/scale, then save them to a different bank. This way, you can organize and customize to your heartā€™s desire, without fear of overwriting the originals.

Alternatively, just upload the entire pack to a different bank and edit/save in-place. Oh, and delete/move any you donā€™t want. Overbridge should be employed for this operation. (Although I did 90 of my sound-design directly on the machines, OB was a real time-saver when it came to naming, tagging, and organizing the sounds.)

Regards,

-d

1 Like

Thanks! Since I almost always have an Elektron (A4 or AR) at the heart of my tracks, my motivation for creating this pack was to make the A4 the highlight of any mix. Unique, interesting, but not so crazy as to become unusable.

Good point - Overbridge should make that a breeze. Thanks for pointing that out.

Excellent sound pack - added FAV tag to nearly all of the presets! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does the sound pack contain the demo sequences on Elektron page? If so its a must buy as what Iā€™m hearing is first class.

The sequences are pretty much essential if you want to learn how to make Braindance music with the sounds
(Braindance is the genre that encompasses the best elements of all genres, e.g traditional, classical, electronic music, popular, modern, industrial, ambient, hip hop, electro, house, techno, breakbeat, hardcore, ragga, garage, drum and bass, etc.)

Hey, there!
No, the demo sequences arenā€™t included, but they were created by our good friend @dataline , I believe.
Definitely some of my favorite demos on the whole site!

If you want even more sounds from this pack, check out my personal demo: https://soundcloud.com/d01/d-elektron-a4-ak-soundpack-demo

(Please note that these sounds were created on an A4 MKI, so I have no idea how they have changed on the MKII, if at all.)