19" rack mount kit for OT, A4

Hi!

I am considering getting the 19" rack mount kit for my AT & A4.

Can someone please confirm the (PL-2) plastic protective cover remains functional when the units are mounted in a rack?

I searched the forum but could not find the info.

cheers!
s

Sorry for the bump, but I have the same question. I’m looking to mount my OT and MnM into a rack mixer case and wondering if I can still use my PL-2 covers… otherwise I may just end up creating a DIY rackmount solution…

Sadly not, because the right-angle fold is at the top and therefore flush with the top of the machine

I can probably get some made which would fit and leave room for the plastic lid, if you’re desperate?

That would be great! Would they cost any more than the official ones, with shipping to Australia?
edit: just checked your site’s prices. Would they still be the same price, or more due to being custom? Would it just be a case of moving the side holes up by a few mm?

Otherwise, I was thinking of grabbing a couple of 4U blank plates, cutting them up and attaching wooden end cheeks to the back of them, that in turn attach to the machines… may not be worth the trouble though :stuck_out_tongue:

yep, it’s no problem to redesign them. Infact it’s such a good idea I’ll probably add them to my range. It’ll take about a month though as I won’t be placing an order for new metal for a new weeks because my stock is currently very good. Price will be the same and the £30 includes worldwide shipping.

I’ll post here when they’re ready so keep an eye out, and don’t forget!

That’s definitely fine for me. I’m not in any rush!

I’ll probably order two sets, one for my octatrack and one for my monomachine… Actually do you think it’s ok to design them so that when they’re on backwards (ie. so two machines can be on a rack without space in between) the cover fits as well?

Thanks! :smiley:

hmm i’m not sure what you mean by “on backwards”. Either way, two machines can’t be right next to each other because you need at least 1U of rack space for the cables and power (use right-angled cables to save space). I’ll design them so the machines protrude about 8mm form the bracket, leaving space for the lid

If you turn the rack ears around so the angled part is flush with the bottom of the unit, it can sit forward in a rack, so another machine can be racked beneath it normally, with the cables plugging in behind the first unit.

edit: like this

1 Like

ah yes I see. My current design will allow room for the plastic lid when reversed as the bracket doesn’t quite cover the entire side of the machine. There’s about a 5mm gap at the bottom, so in theory there’s room for the lid.

However, the lid still won’t fit if both machines are butt next to each other because of the lid overhang that’s required.

Tell you what, if you order two sets of the new design, I’ll throw in a set of the old ones for you to experiment with

1 Like

Actually I’ve just realised the old designs won’t allow room for the lid either. The holes on the sides of the machines aren’t exactly in the middle so there won’t be a space for the lid either way around. I’ll still send some standard ones anyway

Ahh, of course re: lids not fitting when against each other.
Thanks so much for your help, let me know when they’re available to order and I’ll send some money through!

1 Like

Update: I ended up getting a pretty good deal on some rack ears locally, so I went for it. They fit if you use a few washers as spacers—just put the cover on, turn it on its side and stack washers until they’re flush with the edge of the cover. I may actually end up attaching the washers to the rack ears at some point since it’s a pretty good solution.

So currently I’m not urgently needing rack ears, and with my solution it means they don’t have to be redesigned. I may order a pair from you though for my monomachine at some point!

OK dude, that sounds like a good solution. Let me know if you want some re-diesgned ears in the future