1010music Bluebox

Yes - I believe from loopop’s video you can multitrack or master 2-bus record. This thing is really starting to get my attention. Bummed I have to wait till December. I guess that gives me time to be sure it fits my desired workflow. Can anyone comment on the touch screen from 1010? Fiddly or responsive?

2 Likes

very responsive

1 Like

Very responsive on my Blackbox. It’s capacitive so you don’t need pressure and the response time feels instant. It also feels quite solid, I’d trust it to last (that goes for the enclosure and knobs too). The size is an issue when doing very precise actions in the step sequencer but I did not see anything in the Bluebox UI small enough to be an issue.

2 Likes

yes… it’s the only place where I use a stylus.

Didn’t catch if the Bluebox has Input routing ? That would be nice. So if u only had one instrument plugged in you could route to all 6 stereo and have a nice overdubby jam session across the tracks without hot jacking

You can control the master, cue, out2, fx1 and fx2 send amounts for each track. So yeah, one track to all 6 outputs if you wanted. Oops, misunderstood your question. It seems like the UI should allow it, looking at the input assignment screen, but I don’t think we have any confirmation.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick feedback on the touchscreen. Interest building big time.

I mean the inputs - so if something comes in on 1/2, it’s also on 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 etc… or can be set as such

Look, this is next gen multitrack recording. Together with the sixteen stereo tracks of the Blackbox with their flexibility on stretch, loops, sculpting and sequencing, this is extremely powerful and about half the price of an MPC Live II, the two of them together.

Does Loopop use the Blackbox in his video? (No time to watch atm)
Outputs on the Blackbox are pretty hot, hoping the Blue has a wide gain range!

No, but he runs modular straight in and demonstrates the input trim feature. If it can handle eurorack level, I’m sure it can handle the black box. 1010 has some videos of that combo up on YouTube.

2 Likes

One important caveat though: no midi out means no sync for new takes…

I guess I’ll have to record a eurorack clock on one track and output it to line 3.

Well, after watching Loopop’s video, I hope the reason they aren’t releasing this until December is because they are still working on the record view. That part looks unfinished. Since most of the other sections have levels of view, just having a bar that shows something was recorded leaves very little to be desired.
The rest of it looks amazing. Looking forward to seeing how this develops.

1 Like

It says " * Sync to external clocks through the MIDI Input and Output."

1 Like

Sync in/out on the front*

1 Like

Be nice to see some of the firmware features in the blackbox… like the EQ and Reverb

2 Likes

Right?

I completely missed that it had sockets on the front…

So for me, all lights are green. I’m gonna grab this baby as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Actually yeah wow that looks completely flexible - great!

this ticks all the boxes now for me too - any future features in a software update will be a bonus

1 Like

This things seems like the perfect blackbox travel companion! No better way to occupy air travel time. Definately tryna order up as soon as theyre available